ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flavio Briatore made me do it

182 Cup
DSC00184.jpg

Hit something slippery on the way to work, not happy. Currently waiting to see what the insurance company have to say.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Love the title, sorry about the car.

Have you had a look?

May be just bent wishbones? Fix it yourself?

182 Cup
It went straight off on a low loader to a local garage, the estimate they've given me is around £3k - damage to brakes, wishbone, subframe, wheel, exhaust, etc. Surprisingly the AST strut was untouched!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
£3k? It's difficult to see that from the pic you have posted but I don't know too much about cars though.

Guess that's a write off then as they are only 5-6k 2nd hand now.

May be able to get a payout and fix it yourself in your spare time as the parts you have said aren't expensive but the labour time is large.

RS RIP
first time i've seen such a nasty pic of your Inferno ! :(

I would check the strut thoroughly , doe'snt look like it could be "untouched" to me

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Thats expensive, hopefully it won't be a write off, depending on insurer they usually repair up to 60 - 75% of car value.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I got hit in the back at 5(ish) mph, £1.5-2k damage... so I can believe the expense. Still, not good. Hope you get it fixed and sorted asap.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
My god. 3k? Must be more than just suspension parts bent to warrant a quote of that size surely?!

BMW M135i
Bloody hell bad luck, speaking from experience that will never been "right" again. I fear kerbs like the devil these days.

BMW M135i
My god. 3k? Must be more than just suspension parts bent to warrant a quote of that size surely?!
That will have at least have bent the subframe and 9/10 it bends the mounting points on the chassis too with a decent knock, i'd want it written off that this point I think for the above reason.

421 Cammed 172
Don't forget £3k is brand new parts.

Take a look at the price of brand new brakes from Renault. Then have a gander on eBay.

If i were you i'd but it back. You'd probably get it back on road for less than £1k with second hand parts or parts from Euro Car Parts and GSF.

421 Cammed 172
That will have at least have bent the subframe and 9/10 it bends the mounting points on the chassis too with a decent knock, i'd want it written off that this point I think for the above reason.

Maybe i should've read this before making my above post :rolleyes::eek:

182 Cup
The disk was bent and pushed well into the caliper. I was surprised just how much damage there was, especially as the only body damage is a scuff on the front bumper.

S4 Avant
Ah mate! Exact same damage as mine, in the exact same spot!

Hopefully it's not going to be as costly as mine ever was

197 Albi S11AND
Not good Neil! I did hear something about this from Paul in the pub but thought nah! Pauls chatting out of his arse! Good luck with getting it sorted!

Mike

182 Cup
Thanks for the sympathetic comments guys, hopefully the insurance company will be getting back to me tomorrow with some news.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I do wonder some peoples comments about write offs! Jeez!

Just because you can buy a 182 on pistonheads for 4k doesn't mean that's what it's worth.

I valued a ph1 172 at 3.5k the other day!

The repairs will be fine mate, much better getting new suspension than a new door or any new panels fitted.

Wonder what they meant by the exhaust tho, did you go down a banking or anything underneath your car?

182 Cup
Wonder what they meant by the exhaust tho, did you go down a banking or anything underneath your car?

No just hit a curb, but it pushed the anti-roll bar into the exhaust and caused a little bit of damage. I don't think it's anything too serious though.

As for the seats Fletch - looks like they're staying!