ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flat Battery & Tempremental Immobiliser..

Clio 172
Coming out of work this evening i tried to start my '02 172 to find a completely flat battery, much to my surprise as i hadn't left the lights/radio/interior light on. I connected up some jump leads and it turned over but still wouldn't fire. I left it connected with the other car running for 10 min or so and the immobiliser(?) made a loud beeping noise constantly for around a minute. As soon as it went off it started fine.

It had a 30 min run home with a decent A road blast.

I parked it on the drive and tried to start it again immediately but its dead as, even after the run home. It won't even centrally lock.

Any ideas or has anyone had this before?

172 cup'd extreme
According to the experts jump starting the clio can mess up the imobilizer. The problem you have is a dead battery not holding charge or an alternator that isnt charging your battery.