ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flashing toxic emissions light - Help please

clio 182
I have read similar posts, but not quite the same.............

Please be gentle, I am new to this forum!

I have a clio 182 05 plate, owned from new. Approx 2 months ago my toxic emission light started flashing when sat in traffic, then went off again when I started moving. This happened 6ish times over 3 weeks, always when the engine was warm, never when it had just been started & sat on the drive.

Took it to renault for a service, they changed spark plugs, ran a clip diagnostic and said they had cleared the fault, & it was nothing.

Light stayed off for 4 weeks, then yesterday it began flashing again when sat in traffic, and again this morning. Car has been running fine, no loss of power, no change in fuel consumption.

Do i take to a garage, or do I just keep running it. Does anyone know of any good independant renault garages/ mechanics in the east midlands area?

Thank's

Clio 182
to be honest i would be expecting renault to tell me what part it needs rather than just clearing it.

take it back and tell them to tell you what the problem is and ask them to do it for free.

clio 182
Brilliant Idea............ just called renault, who serviced the car, they said the fault showed up as an oxygen sensor. Not sure why they couldn't tell me at the time & try to fleece me for fitting one, maybe as it was a Saturday morning & thye were keen to clock off.

They told me to keep running it, if the light stays on, (instead of flashing for 60 seconds & going out) then I can bring it back & they will change the sensor for £150.

So, am I actually going any damage to my car running it at the mo, and how much can I expect to pay if I go to an independant garage??

I REALLY used to love my car........... until the orange flashing light happened!

Clio 182
Think there are 2 sensors. one that doesnt affect the running of the car and one which makes it more lumpy with flat spots etc.

Buy the part and fit it yourself? Probably charging you for labour as well.