ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

flame red PH1 172

Happy days!!!

20130302_180926_zps2f445e2a.jpg

All painted and glorious once more!!!

Also inspected the exhaust rattle which appeared to be the flexi joint spring loaded bolt things so ive ordered a new set of them + gasket off ebay (wests renault i think)..

Also drilled the rivets out holding the ICV in place so i could give that a good clean out.. If that doesnt work at least now i can just bolt a replacement on..

bonjour folks!!!

the least worked on clio here continues to be ignored and simply used and abused....

that was until last week when it was MOT time.... arse...

#1..low rear brake readings and next to useless handbrake...

decided to wedge the pedal down and see it the caliper was getting pressure... you all know whats coming next...

20130926_170912_zps0492fba0.jpg

mother funker...

the poor ol rattlebox had its calipers ripped off and put on (lucky theres some 106/clio parts that swap) and they were bled up so now the clio is sporting some red rears stoppers:

20130926_181527_zps812dc2a3.jpg

a couple of new handbrake cables and a test pull @ 30mph confirmed they now work, and flatspotted the rears...

#2 excessive wear on inside edge of front tires.. (gotta love camber)

a trip to concorde resulted in 2 new round black things on the front (I think they`re hankook, I know a lot of you lot get quite particular about rubber but as long as they`re round/black/keep air in I`m happy)

MOT passed.... normal neglect and abuse will resume....

damn it!!!!!!

nearly 5months I`ve been able to neglect this thing and then the missus sends me a message telling me she`s hit a wall...

initial fears were bad but it turned out it was was a few scrapes and a bust valve:

IMG-20140110-WA0000_zpsehetaghk.jpg

the paint has been flaking off on the boot for a year or so now so decided to get that looked at too.. (concorde replaced the vlave for free bless `em)

seeings as the flame red was being thrown about I got the CLIO badge took off and the holes blobbed up and smoothed over...

20140117_125710_zpsojvy7mhl.jpg

the scraped wheel has been ignored however, it looks worse as the white wall paint got transferred.. the laquers scraped off but hey ho.. I fookin hate the things so refuse to refurb them...

neglect has resumed

cheers
Stu

Crikey.....

Over 7 years since an update hey.... that must be a record...

Not long after this the gearbox popped the circlip and I lost all drive... this got me angry and it's been left it in my folks workshop for all this time...

However...

I'm thinking about resurrecting the little t**t...

But if it breaks again I'm burning it...

Hello forum btw...