ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FK vs. H&R

I have tried a search on this and although there is lots of related comment I don't think this has been answered before

I have the 60mm suspension bolt spacing unfortunately and am weighing up the - limited - options available to me.

I don't want:
- Vmaxx / ktec etc due to their softness
- ASTs as I am not spending 50% of the car's value on suspension!

Therefore I am considering FK Konigsports and H&R. FKs are c.£650, H&R c.£900. Is it worth me paying the extra 250 given that:
- I will be using the car as a weekend/track toy only;
- They all seem to rust and leak;
- I am not an amazing driver and I doubt I will push either near to their limit.

Has anybody tried both that could comment?

Cheers,

Matt

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a set of H&R's fitted to my 172 now for over 3 years, and over 50k without any problems. Very impressed with them TBH.

I've not yet tried the FK's..

Evo 8 MR
They're both a great set of coilovers.

Whichever you choose you won't be disappointed.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
^ dont fit 60mm.

I love H&R coilovers had them on a 172, 182 and a 197. However if its juts a toy, i'd probably save the ££££ and go for the fk's?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I really loved my FKs they were superb, I don't know anything about H&Rs though.

ITB'd MK1
you can't, they dont exist for that fitment

I'm working on an alternative for 182 cup fitment (60mm) at the moment in the £800 region fully height and damping adjustment. Just waiting to be asked to provide the car to finalise fitment.

Last edited:
you can't, they dont exist for that fitment

I'm working on an alternative for 182 cup fitment (60mm) at the moment in the £800 region fully height and damping adjustment. Just waiting to be asked to provide the car to finalise fitment.

You have been doing this for months!

H&r it is then