ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FK Highsports

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Considering getting these for my Clio (2002 reg non-sport) are they any good?

Dont really know much about coilovers, so how easy are they to adjust? How do I find the bolt-spacing I need and whats the best place to get them from?

Cheers guys :cool:

TT 225
It will be a massive change, i thought they were broke when i fitted mine they were that stiff lol. You get used to them though and get used to avoiding the pot holes.

Charged Superleggera
Considering getting these for my Clio (2002 reg non-sport) are they any good?

Dont really know much about coilovers, so how easy are they to adjust? How do I find the bolt-spacing I need and whats the best place to get them from?

Cheers guys :cool:

yes they are good mate. depends what you mean by adjust. if its height then yes very easy to do. you get a spanner with the kit that you use to turn collers on the coilover unit and thats how you change the height.

bolt spacing for a 1.2 will be either 52mm or 58mm but most likley to be 58mm. to make sure you need to measure it yourself or take it to a garage. its very easy to do and will take a garage 2mins if your not confident.

you would need to search for a good price but generally you wont get them for cheaper than £550. however if this is outside your budget then consider vmaxx coilies as they are just as good at about half the price.

mk4 golf gttdi180
great coiles, i have a pair of fk highlines on my golf and there great being stainless steel and adjustable damping

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
however if this is outside your budget then consider vmaxx coilies as they are just as good at about half the price.

Am I right in thinking that V-maxx only lower like 60mm anyway? Wanted to go a bit lower than that really and I think the FK's lower to about 80mm?

Charged Superleggera
vmaxx fronts go about 95mm and rears are about 65mm. im about 80mm at the front and 90mm at the back(custom springs) on vmaxx. if youve got the money go for fk's but they arent much different from vmaxx apart from allowing you to go a wee bit lower on the back.

mk4 golf gttdi180
vmaxx fronts go about 95mm and rears are about 65mm. im about 80mm at the front and 90mm at the back(custom springs) on vmaxx. if youve got the money go for fk's but they arent much different from vmaxx apart from allowing you to go a wee bit lower on the back.
fk's are a hole world apart from vmax, they last longer the danping is better and the spring is alot stiffer, my fks are about 100mm atm and can go a good 60mm extra if i want the rears are a bit of a let down and are as low as they go without the spaers in but there still well tucked into the arches. Myne does scrape on speed bumps but i tove it

ITB'd MK1
that's crap. FKs are shocking, the springs and dampers are very mismatched. The only good part is the koni rear shocks.

You're right that fk and v-maxx are a world apart, V-maxx leave FK for dead

mk4 golf gttdi180
that's crap. FKs are shocking, the springs and dampers are very mismatched. The only good part is the koni rear shocks.

You're right that fk and v-maxx are a world apart, V-maxx leave FK for dead
I think your misstyping or have never brought a new set of fk's . my golf holds like its on rails and with the fk antiroll bar its a weapon around cornser and with its torque. It does help if there correctly set up

Charged Superleggera
I think your misstyping or have never brought a new set of fk's . my golf holds like its on rails and with the fk antiroll bar its a weapon around cornser and with its torque. It does help if there correctly set up

think danny works for gdi so defo does know his stuff