ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FK Highsports - What Am I Missing?

A Flamin' Red one
A few weeks back I managed to pick up a set of FK Highsport coilovers on here from Bex, who was having a clear out that the GDI office which I understand are Laura's old ones.

Having waited until Saturday for the brother of a friend to have time to kindly fit them, I was gutted to hear that I'm missing a few things when all I was told was missing was the C Spanner.

Here is what is in the box:

DSC00991.gif

DSC00992.gif

DSC00993.gif

My friend's brother wrote the following down for me:

Front Shocks
2 x Top Mounts
1 x Nut

Rear Shocks
2 x Nuts
4 x Rubber Bushes
2 x Washers

Does what my mechanic say is missing correlate to the pictures?

Help is very much appreciated!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
x2 Top mounts are currently on your standard shocks, You will use your standard topmount nuts aswel

The rears will need the parts that come with the kit but you may be able to use the standard rubber parts, not entirely sure though mate

And you may want the damping dial but you could just use a pair of pliers

A Flamin' Red one
x2 Top mounts are currently on your standard shocks, You will use your standard topmount nuts aswel

The rears will need the parts that come with the kit but you may be able to use the standard rubber parts, not entirely sure though mate

And you may want the damping dial but you could just use a pair of pliers

When you say the rears will need the parts that come with the kit but using the standard rubber parts may work, what do you mean exactly? Which 'parts' are we talking?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
it looks to me like its all there bar the other nut as said. you use all the stuff off the old shocks.the back looks fine to me.

A Flamin' Red one
Interesting...

What is that blue disc/circle on its own and what exactly are the three circular black rubber discs? Why are there three and not four?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
that blue plastic circle goes in between the springs on the front shock it looks like theres one on the other shock them rubber things you will already have on your car there for the rear. you dont always need them but you can if you want

A Flamin' Red one
Thanks chap.

Why would I need 4 x bushes on the rears and two washers then, oh and two nuts!? I wish I could picture it in my head better.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
they have probably just put what left over stuff they had in. it all becomes clear when you start taking the old stuff off. i fitted my h&rs and was easy mate and ive never done it before. because looking at the pics yours is the same as james's

A Flamin' Red one
They do look similar, yes. I can't make out what the little bits and bobs are that are at the top of his photograph though, next to the aerosol can?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
The bits on the left next to the can are the x4 rubber parts & metal washers you need mate, If i remeber i will get a pick of the back ones installed on the car when i'm at work tomorrow

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
them little bits and bobs i would assume are already on the rear of your shocks. having already being fitted.

A Flamin' Red one
The bits on the left next to the can are the x4 rubber parts & metal washers you need mate, If i remeber i will get a pick of the back ones installed on the car when i'm at work tomorrow

And where on the shocks do these 4 x rubber parts and metal washers fit onto the shocks?

Thanks for your help with this guys, it's appreciated.

I used the standard rubber bits that were already on the rear on mine.

You will use your standard top mounts, and the rear dampers are already assembled for you, so the only thing your really missing is the C spanners.

They can be had for about £6 though.

As far as i know you wont be using the nuts anyway. I didnt when i fit mine, i took the nut off and used my solid top mounts and the nut on the top of them.

Someone else can hopefully confirm.

Is the brother of a friend blind? Everything is there that's required to get them on the car if you use a few minor bits from your current suspension i.e the front/rear top mounts.

Three hours and I'd have had them on, geo'd and corner weighted.

Cheers
M

No worries mate - drop me a line and I'll sort you out. Absolutely no problem getting that kit on the car as is.

Cheers
M