ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fixed Filthy Clio

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Been using the Clio quite a bit over the last few weeks, because I'm skint and it had a full tank of fuel in it! On the way to work in Friday morning and it had a bit of a problem, suspected coil packing up.
Round to the garage for diagnosis and confirmed cylinder 5 had gone down.

0C728910-9F20-4B28-A02A-C23E42FDA8B1_zpsiwf43kcz.gif

So ECP on the way home, new one for £33 and fitted today in about 5 minutes.

IMG_0125_zps7e66a822.gif

IMG_0123_zps735e2d17.gif

Then went for a quick blast to try and clear the fault code out, was very sloppy and had a couple of brown pant moments!

IMG_0134_zps2c70db13.jpg

IMG_0133_zps9ea20e9c.gif

IMG_0135_zpsfea0fd61.jpg

IMG_0137_zps40ebbbd7.jpg

IMG_0138_zps768720a2.gif

IMG_0140_zpsed5e71e1.gif

Still unsure on selling in a couple of months, really fancy something quick again but every time I drive it I can't stop grinning again….just a lot of money to have tied up that will get me something very nice….but the Clio is mental!
Going to Diamond Motors for a service sometime soon so will get that out of the way and try to decide.

An orange one
Sacrilege using it in the salty weather ;)

Looks like positive camber in the rears?? But could be the pics?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I think it's the pics, but will be going in soon after I've got some new tyres fitted for a full alignment.
I'm sure you drive yours to Renault….haha.

Way I see it is it's looked after like a princess but nothing will put me off using it. It's a car at the end of the day, albeit an epic one.

Clio with a body kit
Nice to see it being used! I'd use mine but don't have much motivation for washing it when it's this cold! Did have a drive at Christmas tho when I had more time.
I know what u mean about you could get something else with the money. I regularly thought about chopping mine in at the end of last year for something faster or more luxurious.
Iv now settled on keeping it tho.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Think it is going soon, got my eyes on an E60 M5 and think it's an itch I need to scratch. As much as I love it I miss having an M car. Got a local garage going to sell it for me I think, will be easier selling with finance options I think.
As much as I love it I don't think I'll miss it like I miss my M3.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
But an M3 doesn't get you noticed like this does I bet. I guess it depends on what you want though... It is yours after all hehehe

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
But this hardly ever moves Mick…! Need to get it to you after payday for a quick check up if I still have it...

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
But this hardly ever moves Mick…! Need to get it to you after payday for a quick check up if I still have it...

In that case, bring me your 6 and i'll run her for you. In exchange you can run my 172 Cup... far cheaper to run lol

Reactions: Pep