ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fix a problem to find a new problem

Clio 172 Phase 2
So I changed my aux belt today. While taking the o/s wheel off to get to aux belt I find a lump of grease on sub frame. After further inspection I find a 1 inch cut in inner drive shaft gaiter. Not good right. Anyways carried on doing auxbelt.

As as a quick fix for the inner gaiter as I have no money can I just spray some grease in there to fill the boot up and tiger seal the 1 inch cut on boot ?? Any ideas.

Need car to go work during week so only next possible time I could change drive shaft is next week

cheers carlos

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If it's fired grease all over it, I highly doubt tiger seal or superglue will work. You'll never get the rubber clean enough.

Clio 172 Phase 2
Nah the boot is surprisingly clean. Just a dollop of grease on the sub frame And over the metal bit of back of the block that's about 3 mm from the gaiter. But I did drive it earlier after changing belt and haven't checked the gaiter since as I've had Enuff today lol

Mondeo TDCI 130
It won't fail that quickly pal if time is an issue for you, I have known them run like that for months and still be fine.

if it is only an inch and there isn't grease everywhere i'd just leave it knowing that i can fix it in a weeks time if it was mine. or if you want you could just try and seal it to stop it making a mess.

EDIT: saying that you don't want grease all over your belt, i'd personally try and seal it, if it were the passenger side i'd just leave it until i had time to change it

Clio 172 Phase 2
Yea cheers lads. Il whip the wheel of tomoz and have another good look. If it's clean il try abit of super glue or sum kind of sealant