ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Sub in Clio...How Hard?

57 Clio Campus Sport
Mate wrecked his car so is selling a Vibe CBR10 cheap was just wondering how hard it would be to fit in the Clio? I managed to fit my Pioneer HU ok but not sure about anything more than that...

145db Euro'd clio
unless its an active sub?
power from battery
ground to rear light(roughen up with wet or dry to bare metal to get a good connection)
rca's from head unit
remote from head unit.
plug in and crank it up!
sorted!

Not a Clio
Active subs have a built in amp...it doesn't make much difference in terms of wiring. It just means you have to wire from the headunit and battery to the amp then onto the sub. Otherwise it's just easy peasy from headunit and battery to the active sub.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Run RCA cables and amp remote wire from the HU to the boot down the drivers side, you should find the plastic trim between the carpet and door unclips and you can tuck the cables in. I didn't have to unscrew the driver's seatbelt bolt but it may help I think.

Run power cable from the battery through the passenger footwell via the bonnet release cable gromit (should be able to make a hole with a coat hanger or screwdriver/drill) and feed the cable under the plastic trim on the passenger side to the boot.

I found connecting the earth cable to the rear seatbelt bolts gave a secure earth connection and is nicely hidden.

Then connect all to the amp/active sub.