ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Standard Springs

Breaking A 172 Replica
How do you do it on the front?

The strut just seems far to long?

I can just get the strut in at the top (under the bonnet) but then I can't get it anywhere near the hub?

Any ideas?

Sam

Punto/Clio GTT
wild guess, possibly bottom arm off and push the hub down? im no mechanic though so ide just take things apart lol

oh, or possibly, have you still got the spring clamps on the spring when your refitting them? that'll compress the strut, should make it shorter

Turbo Beige
Its easier with both front wheels off the ground at once, they use a bit of force, or a lever bar to manuovre the hub to the strut.

Lots of Alfas
Its easier with both front wheels off the ground at once, they use a bit of force, or a lever bar to manuovre the hub to the strut.

Also with both of the front wheels off the ground it pulls the anti roll bar down pulling the suspension arms down as low as they will go, allowing more clearance to get the strut back in.

Lots of Alfas
Nope, still no sign, infact all Ive had trhough the post this week is my insurance renewall and my bloody car tax! have you got mine?