ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Recaro's help

M3 SMG
Ive read the guide on Cliomods and removed and fitted numerous sets of seats in Bmw's and also Vauxhalls.

Why oh why oh why oh why did they put seat bolts to be undone from underneath the car, and let alone that...

How in the name of sweet f**king christ are you supposed to get the drivers side tunnel rail bolt out?!?!

There is no room to get to it because the cat is in the way and it wont move over.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Well i'm working until 5 lol.

Sounds strange though as the cat was never in the way when I removed my seats. Tripple check you are looking at the correct bolt mate. There are holes cut into the heat sheild so you can access the bolt with a wrench + extension + number 13 socket

M3 SMG
Yeah deffo the bolt, i can get the ratchet head on there, but it wont move over enough to let me get on it.

I'll post a crap picture hang on

M3 SMG
11082010107.jpg

Angle you can see here, i cant get the thing straight on so in turn cant undo the bolt :mad:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Is the camera facing towards the back or the front of the car?

Have you got a different cat fitted as my cat doesn't look like that lol?

It's the front seats your removing yeh?

M3 SMG
Thats facing to rear of the car and yes my cat is a Janspeed one which i think may be the problem lol

and yes front seats mate

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
In fact i've just figured it out lol.

Your exhaust has a centre section where as mine is just a pipe :eek:

Can you not get someone to pull the exhaust while you do it? Maybe slacken off the mounts at the rear too, that will help

340i
that's the centre box fouling your LONG socket extension....

Use a smaller extension, or a wobbler socket to get the correct leverage :)

Or try pushing your exhaust, you should be able to get on the nut it will just be a little awkward.. once you've cracked it they are only finger tight!

M3 SMG
Ah ok sorry im not up on exhaust lingo!

I have no smaller extension, only smaller one i have is too small :(

I can move it, but it wont budge more than a quarter of an inch and i need at least an inch to play with :(

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
lol, so you can't put the scoket onto the wobbler then the extension?. If you not too far away i'm happy to try and push the exhaust out the way!

340i
It takes less than 10 mins to swap each seat over... can you not borrow a different socket extension off a friend?

Titanium 182
I fitted my recaros bout a month ago and that bolt made me rage. Like yours you cant even get a good fit to unscrew it, and on top of that the bottom half was rusted
ended up using a spanner and worked it out doing quarter turns at a time. Took ages but I got there

Golf GTD Mk7
when you finally get round to doing the resistors. The cliomod guide is wrong. The Black cable is the earth, and the brown is the live. You might also need to keep your original DS handrake side rail, as the chip thingy on it (caused a fault when I swapped mine over) remains plugged in too. No idea what it does though.