ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting rear cage?

turbo 182
Ive bought a rear cage from ebay for my 182, all the interior apart from drivers seat and dash is removed, tried to get cage in via passenger side door with no luck, has anyone got any tips or advice to getting it in?

or will I have to remove the drivers seat aswell?

Thanks

Westfield
Guess you will struggle without taking both seats out, I took one look at mine and thought it would be easier to undo two bolts and take the drivers seat out too!

Will take two minutes to take the seat out

turbo 182
Guess you will struggle without taking both seats out, I took one look at mine and thought it would be easier to undo two bolts and take the drivers seat out too!

Will take two minutes to take the seat out

Ok seat out it is then, did yours go straight in with both seats out?

Clio 172 phase 1
both seats out, 2 people are needed really .... tilt cage back front feet up by dash, 1 person either side of car and carry it through, then push it back into place and give it a few firm taps to get it in nive and tight :) mark holes to drill ... remove cage and paint it tidy :) ... then refit :)

turbo 182
both seats out, 2 people are needed really .... tilt cage back front feet up by dash, 1 person either side of car and carry it through, then push it back into place and give it a few firm taps to get it in nive and tight :) mark holes to drill ... remove cage and paint it tidy :) ... then refit :)

Thanks for that mate, getting it welded in so will need to remove drivers seat get cage in out seat back in then a 20 mins drive to fabricators

Westfield
Just weld the spreader plates in IMO mate, will be just as good and you don't limit yourself to changing it or upgrading to full cage etc at a later date.