ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Powerflex?

182 FF, A6 Avant
As part of the winter refresh, I'm going to fit powerflex bushes to my lower arms and arb. I was planning on getting some spare arms and assembling them up before then swapping them into the car, I need to keep it running for now and can't spend the time on it just yet.

I'm happy to have a crack at this myself, but only if it's going to be possible without a hydraulic press? Is it?

Also, does the new lower arm bush design still need tacking in?

Evo
You dont have to weld them in, they advise to for track and race use though. The sleeve is a pretty tight fit anyway.

I've done it with a hydraulic press but they came out quite easily, i reckon with some heat and a big hammer they could be perswaded...

Evo
Well i'd only recommend you follow instructions and get them tacked in. Probably end up easier just letting a garage do the whole job?

The new ones look A LOT better than the old ones

I hate looking at them with no washers - it's so easy for the rubber to wear down, and without welding they slide all over the place

I think the new ones should be fine - even if they don't need pressing in though the old ones will need pressing out
Just whip your wishbones off and head to a local garage. A place near me lets me use their press whenever I want if I chuck them some beer money :)

182 FF, A6 Avant
I just re-used my old ones.

If you want to fully refresh them chuck some new ball joints on at the same time

Yup, new bj's, dampers, bushes etc.

It just means I can get the new ones assembled with the bushes in advance of swapping them onto the car.

What's the best place to buy arms/bjs from? Do we get a CS discount on powerflex from anywhere?

I wouldn't buy new arms and then rip the brand new bushes out to fit powerflex lol - why not try to buy some 2nd hand ones from one of the cars being broken on here?
Then you could sell yours on to someone else doing the same

Not sure I'd trust after market arms - i'd probably want renault ones :(