ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Powerflex Dogbone Bushes - problem encountered

"Navy" N17 TWO
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?540329-182-172-Powerflex-Dogbone-Mount-Fitting

The hard part - no bother! The end you can fit "by hand" - :banghead:
I have read the guide on fitting these up & down a million times and have managed to get the gearbox end done mount by hand - the subframe end is being a right tw*t!

After cleaning the mount with some emery cloth and using plenty of copper slip;

Either side of it fits into the mount, no problem. Try to put both sides in - it's a fiddling session and when they do come together seems to be the slightest fraction of a lip on the inside
so when I push the collar through it pushes the other side of the bush back out! :dapprove:

When I assembled the bushes (off the mount) to check I had everything in the right place - all was grand so I'm confused!

Ph2 172
Was a right prick for me too. I put one end of the bush in, then the collar, then come at it from the other side with the other half of the bush.

"Navy" N17 TWO
How the hell did you get the other half in?
I've tried that and you would almost swear the 2nd half was bigger!

Ph2 172
Gonna get flamed for this but... Laid the dogbone on the ground with the side already inserted on the ground... Place other half in as far as it will fit then take to it with a ball pein hammer. Went in a bit lopsided but eventually dropped in. It's a real PITA.