ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting PMS stud kit without torque?

RB197
I'm on a pretty tight budget this month and I've got the PMS stud kit on order, anyone fitted them without torquing them to the 20nm as recommended? (I haven't got a torque that goes that low)

Jake

I fitted mine ages ago without a torque wrench without any problems. Put loctite on them and as Sonny said, just do it by feel. They screw in with an allen key too so you'll get a good feel for it.

5.5mm allen key. Have fun removing the rears when its time to do rear discs... Blow torch those f*****s out. Word of warning, dont tap them with a hammer as they are made from soft steel (so they dont shatter when using impact wrenches) as this can deform the ends and you will never get them out.

They should only be used for one season before replacing technically due to stretch iirc.