ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting original seats, tilt mechanism failure!

182 Trophy
After having Recaros in for the last year or so I have decided to remove them as I will be shortly be selling the car. I removed the original seats myself and kept all the parts, nuts, bolts, washers and so on knowing that one day I would need them all to put the original seats back in. All went back together ok but now the seats wont recline properly so you can’t get into the back. The seats folds but they won’t slide on the runners.

The wire that connects the release handle to the runners pulls so tight it slides straight out of the mechanism meaning that the seat remains stuck in place.
To me its looks like Ive done something completely wrong or im missing a part. The two pictures below will show what part im talking about.

The pictures show the wire in place where i believe it should go, the second the seat is reclined to get in the rear it pulls out of place.

Please can someone help or point me in the right direction!?!?!

IMG_1331_zps3e6d55d9.gif

IMG_1332_zpsacb3daae.gif