ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting instructions for a omp rear strutbrace

Clio RS
I undeed the bolts from the shocks, mounted the brace and have put the bolt back on

how ever. the righthand side is driving me nuts squieking llike hell!!!! I've taken it of, put some grease on the rubbers but no luck, started squieking again...

any ideas???

or should I just take it off and sell it?

172 cup
LOTS of grease trust me it works. Will squeak again after a few months, just remove and grease up again

ph1-172
i removed the rubber top mount on the car side, and just bolted the brace down. nothings fallen off and it doesn't squeak. kinda like solid mounts now.

Gareth

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
I cut a micro fiber cloth to sit between the damper seat and strut brace and put abit of 3in1 oil in it. Never had a squeak since :)

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
Someone is thinking on there feet :)
haha . when i got it i rushed to put it on.. after a few hours i was pulling my hair out! with the squeeking!!
took it off lubed it up and was exactly the same... that's when i thought about cutting up one of the 100000 micro fibers i have :)