ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting HIDs?

dCi 100
I really don't want any of this 'its illegal', 'don't do this dont do that'.

I've gone to fit some HIDs to my 2004 dCi dynamique but cant find anywhere to plug the spade connectors.

Any help/pictures would be greatly appreciated.

usually you have the bulb, then a ballast.

Bulb will plug into the ballast, usually by a 2 pin plug and then a single pin plug.

Ballast plugs into the existing wiring loom/existing bulb holder with the spade connectors.

for example, if you have H7 bulbs, there will be two wires that connect to the back of the bulb, unplug these two wires and stick the two spade connectors into these two wires. if it doesn't light up, swap them around.

dCi 100
I have the ballast etc. The whole kit basically. Ive fitted HID kits before to my 106 and a friends corsa.

Bulbs are plugged into the ballast but I cannot see any to connect the spade connectors.

I have H1 bulbs and there is just one plug which goes into the orginial bulb nowhere to put the spade connectors.

dCi 100
Thats exactly what I asked not to be said. I had these in my 106 and there wasnt any problems so please keep your opinion to yourself.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Just checked and they are not. Seriously dude I'd just get some xenons from a higher model. Less hassle and not nick worthy, especially given they look shite in regular lights anyway.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I really don't want any of this 'its illegal', 'don't do this dont do that'.

I've gone to fit some HIDs to my 2004 dCi dynamique but cant find anywhere to plug the spade connectors.

Any help/pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Just giving you some help. HID's in reflectors might be ok for you, but for everyone that sees you, will think you are a prized dick!

Megane r26
Requires auto wash wipe and self leveling and the correct headlight reflectors to be legal. Also cars with these cheap kits fitted in the wrong head lamps look terrible and blind other road users! Glad the old bill are cracking down on it!

As above, if you're doing it, do it properly with 172/182 xenon units.

If you're after just the white/blue light look, get MTEC cosmos blue bulbs. You wont get done for them, wont fail MOT and wont blind other road users. Win win IMO.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Requires auto wash wipe and self leveling and the correct headlight reflectors to be legal. Also cars with these cheap kits fitted in the wrong head lamps look terrible and blind other road users! Glad the old bill are cracking down on it!

I'm not sure that's true, re. the wash and levelling info. They're not required but if they're fitted they must work. That's what I've picked up anyway.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure that's true, re. the wash and levelling info. They're not required but if they're fitted they must work. That's what I've picked up anyway.

Correct for MOT, but that doesn't mean they're legal. They're technically illegal but unlikely to be picked up on as the car's still roadworthy.

S4 Avant
I'm glad I've got CS trained well.

I don't see as many tools with HIDs as I used to but when I do they get full beam.