ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Half Leather interior to my non sport.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Is there a guide on here that shows me how to change my rear bench and front seats from standard 1.2 seats to the half leather 172 seats?

I've looked through the guides section but can't find one.

Thanks

172 cup
Front ones you need to jack the car up to get to the seat subframe bolts under the car. There should be four rubber covers you remove and then undo the bolts with I think it's a 13mm deep socket. The rear seats you just have to pull up the bases and they come off and the upper part will be secured with one bolt in the middle.

I just changed mine rear seats and currently waiting with front ones to be refurbished and then fitted. Front seats are hold by 4 screwa each and you need to undo them from under the car, use a jack or park up on a high kerb, dont forget to disconnect seats before taking them out, there are 2 connectors under the seats, but you will probably have only one that is used, unless u have airbags in your current seats. Rear seats are easy, take plastic cover off that will reveal metal bar, undo two screws size 17 iirc and then one torx screw size 40 iirc in the middle, take the metal bar out, pull the seats back and then take them out.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Have you jacked the car up and looked? they really are staring you in the face. Just look where the seat bolts to the car and then look in the same place underneath.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
yeah, ive got the two outer ones. taken them out but the two toward the middle of the car there is no grommet?

3 Series touring
If I remember rightly the inner one at the back of the seat is hidden by the exhaust heat shield. There's a hole in the heat shield though for access to the the bolt

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Yeah the other 2 are in the exhaust tunnel. depending on what car you have you might have a shield or not. They are behind the gearstick linkage.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Yeah they were, thanks!
Ball ache this is, the two bolts holding the rear bench beam on are tight as f*ck so im having to loosen them, then tighten them, then loosen them again just so it gets the thread

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
I'm on it now, neighbour has a little impact gun so im hoping that'll work.

The new seats haven't got the airbag plug attached will i be abke to cut it off of the old seats and attach it to the new ones without them going off?

Clio 182 - RB
Ball ache if you ask me but so worth doing, everything is on pretty tight so will need WD40 as said above, i used a air gun and snapped one of my bolts, don't make the same mistake

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Managed to get them off in the end, just fitting the rear bench back together now.

The new seats haven't got the airbag plug attached will i be abke to cut it off of the old seats and attach it to the new ones without them going off?

Managed to get them off in the end, just fitting the rear bench back together now.

to be safe, disconnect the battery and wait half hour first. Thats what I did.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
There's only one bolt for the rear seats.

Don't worry about the half and hour thing. No capacitor in a car will last that long if even a minute..

just fit a 3 pin plug on the wires

3 Series touring
Yeah disconnect the battery, if you're a paid member there's a guide on here for cancelling any error lights you get

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Planning to fit half leather seats myself, are the runners required or are the existing ones okay to use?