ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Alloys To a MK2 Phase 1

Ignis Sport
Hi,
I am wondering what work i will need to do in order for "17 wheels to fit a standard MK2 phase 1 clio? Will i need to changes the springs etc.

Thanx for any help

Jamie :D

M2 Competition
Id get 16's in all honesty mate.

ive had both, and lowered on 16's will look better (ie less chavvy)
and most importantly, handle far better, and accelerate quicker.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
nothing mate, just take your old wheels off and put the new ones on making sure you do all 4 bolts per wheel up nice n tight. 5min job per wheel inc jacking the car up

M2 Competition
And to answer your original question you can fit 16's/17's straight on, no work required, but will look odd unless you lower it 60mm on a 1.2.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
lol. 17s are too big for a car the size of a clio in my eyes anyway. 16s suit it perfectly, especially when lowered a decent amount. but it all boils down to personal preference

Ignis Sport
Cheers everyone for your help... been really helpful... i just need to decide what wheels i wanna go for now (Y)

Jamie :D