ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a Ph1 horn stalk to a Ph2

182 Cup
Hi all, need some help/advice, I have to fit a ph1 stalk as i have the sabelt rs wheel and need a horn, I know how to fit it but need to remove the squib ring assembly,(to get to the srews to remove the old stalk), which requires a special tool almost like a torx shape but not torx, anyone else that has done this got any advice on what tool they used, i know plenty of people have done it and there are threads but no one says how they got round this problem only that they"ve fitted a stalk, any help will be greatly appreciated as i really need a horn.
Cheers
Simon

Megane dci 130
You can get to the screws with the steering wheel on. 2 small screws and the switch just slides out!

182 Cup
I need the horn cos apart from it being mot failure I was sat behind a car the other day and the traffic lights wer green and no matter how much I shouted and revved the engine the guy jus sat there so a horn might've got him to move!! Also I've obviously had the steering wheel off to fit the sabelt one and the two little screws on the horn stalk are hidden by the assembly hence why I'm askin about the tool.

182 Cup
After some hunting on eBay I've found some similar to these but not sure if they go small enough, guess I'll find out won't I

Jap Box
Ok hopefully I can help with this as I had to swap over both stalks today on my PH1.

Take the plastic surround off from around the wheel.

Turn steering wheel to be able to get to the 2 small screws on each stalk that hold them into place.

I used a phillips screwdriver, pretty normal sized one and that managed to undo the screws regardless of what special type they were.

When their out simply side the stalk to the left (if horn) or right (if wiper, will also need to push out immobiliser ring to remove this)

Replace stalk with new one and reverse steps.

When the new stalk is in place make sure your indicators work and auto cancel as the one stalk may be bigger than the other (This happened in my case) if you are unlucky like this then you have to swap the indicator cancel stalk from both PH1 and PH2 stalks. To do this there are two screws on the stalk that need to be undone, then pull the casing off, remove the white plastic object along with the spring(be carefull wih the spring as you might stretch it out of place) then just swap them over, re-screw and refit the stalk.

Then simply put the wheel surrounding assembly back together.

If pics are required ill try my best to get something done but im not removing the plastic trim around the wheel again, took me ages to get it to sit back into place correct, can get pics of swapping the stalk internals over though if need be.

Hope this makes sense, I should have thought to take pictures while doing this earlier really as it would help many people.

172 cup
so precision star bits are needed if cant get on with screw driver. Cheers for update/heads up guys

182 Cup
Pics would be good cos there's no way of gettin to the screws that hold the stalk in place without taking the steering wheel off and takin the squib ring and assembly as I can see them sat jus behind it

182 Cup
nah see mines a phase 2 and a sport so ive got stuff that relates to the traction control behind the steering wheel, thanks for the help anyway.

Jap Box
nah see mines a phase 2 and a sport so ive got stuff that relates to the traction control behind the steering wheel, thanks for the help anyway.

Ahh right, must be a wheel off job for you then. No problem hopefully the guide will help people out anyway :)