ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a gripper diff...

1M and 172 track car
Any recommendations for someone to fit a gripper diff into my gearbox, as Corby say they are too busy to offer this service anymore. Anywhere close to Glasgow would be a bonus.
Cheers.

Dave mac propshafts will supply and fit, or Agency transmissions will fit if you already have the diff.

Neither are very close to Glasgow, but you could get it couriered on a pallet.

If using the standard Clio crown wheel an adaptor needs to be purchased and welded to it, most gearbox companies remove the standard diff and post both the new Gripper, the original diff and if the have already purchased it the adaptor, back to Dave Mac/Gripper Diffs, getting the crown wheel removed, adaptor welded and then posted back to who every is doing the job.
Same sort of thing with the Quaife except an adaptor is not needed.
Crown wheel removal and refitting is not and easy job as in original form they are an interferance fit.

Steve

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
These guys are in falkirk and i've had my old mr2 and evo boxes done by them in the past, good service and not too expensive

www.ajkanegearboxrepairs.co.uk

172 race build
THE Dave mac/Gripper diffs lads arn't doing fitting anymore. I've just ordered my diff and cwp this week and asked about them fitting it. In the end just stuck the gbox on a pallet and sent it to agency transmissions.

dci clio track toy..
They have had a few issues I know of so maybe just supply and not fitting and putting mistakes right might save them some money