ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted Steering Wheel

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
first of all id like to thank everyone whos helped me with my questions about my wheel/hub/resistors over the last couple of weeks,
also im going to finally join on here properly at the end of this month because im sick of being just a goon forum user and not member seen as im on all the time anyway....

some of you will know i had a problem with the omp boss i had as it was the wrong one, so i ordered a momo boss from demon tweeks which was delivered quickly and was the right one for the 182

it feels so much better to drive now! i was very happy when i turned the keys and relised the resistors had works as ther were no lights on the dash lol

i was going to take pictures of fitting it but as it was a last min decision to do it on thurs nite in my mates garage i didnt have a camera with me

took a quick one with my iphone just to show the resistors in the air bag cable..

b35c1758.jpg

f0426b88.jpg

DSC06933.jpg

DSC06931.jpg

DSC06928.jpg

Cheers
Austin

TrackCar & F30 330d
Glad its all sorted for you mate.

I like that wheel. I've recently fitted a new wheel but havnt driven it besause of the snow. But its all melted to i might go for a littlwe drive later :)

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Glad its all sorted for you mate.

I like that wheel. I've recently fitted a new wheel but havnt driven it besause of the snow. But its all melted to i might go for a littlwe drive later :)[/quote

cheers mate, im glad its done now lol! yea, snow has been anoyin its all gone here now

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Do you use it often though? I hardly ever do.

I managed to get a replacement OEM wheel very cheaply, but I'd have got one of these in a shot.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
cheers lads, i never used my cruise control so wasnt botherd about losing that tbh, yea its just nice and simple but feels loads better driving with it

TrackCar & F30 330d
I lost my CC because of the ITB :(

I quite liked it on long journeys, was much nicer with it.

Oh well

I'm sure someone modified a OMP wheel to have the CC buttons :)

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I lost my CC because of the ITB :(

I quite liked it on long journeys, was much nicer with it.

Oh well

I'm sure someone modified a OMP wheel to have the CC buttons :)

thats defo worth losing it for lol!
yea a supose it is good for long journeys but i never reli did many
yea someone did do that, cant remember who though

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Do you use it often though? I hardly ever do.

I managed to get a replacement OEM wheel very cheaply, but I'd have got one of these in a shot.
I do use it occasionally yeh... But its not that, I wouldn't mind it not being there... Its just knowing that its there and it doesn't work.

Would piss me off.

Golf GTD Mk7
is it me or does it look strange with a small wheel. looks nice, but think i'm too used to the bus one.lol

just wait until you either drive another or swap back for a bit ;) feels s**t with original wheel after being used to mine. steering goes back to being vague.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
just wait until you either drive another or swap back for a bit ;) feels s**t with original wheel after being used to mine. steering goes back to being vague.

Lol i bet it will mate, i dont plan on swapping it back ever.guna look into sorting the horn put properly now

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Lol, I bodged my aftermarket wheel sooo bad! I cut the airbag wire and somehow the ESP line also :S

Makes for an interesting drive anyway!

b/g 182, meg tourer
when my oem one falls apart i will be buying one of these i think. looks great. never use c/c etc anyway. great work. really like your car.