ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted some oz superleggras today, rubbing on right hand lock

Clio 172
Hi all. Fitted some oz wheels today, made up with them, but when I turn right, at low speed can kinda hear them rubbing on half lock. Fine if I do the same turning left. Same size as standard wheels with same tyres! Any ideas? Going to have a look tomorrow, been too wet to do anything today!

Clio 172
Standard as per the orginal wheels, and not lowered. I have had a look today, and the wheel arch liner (plastic bits) are badly fitted, and for some reason it's started rubbing them. Did not do it before! Having looked, driver side, tucked under the bumper, just in front of the wheel, and under a wheel arch liner is a black box, also plastic. I have no idea what this is, but I think it must be fitted wrong as it's causing the lining to bulge into the wheel arch, and on certain lock the tyre is running that, so pretty pleased I found the problem.

Can anyone tell me what that black box is, and a picture or idea how it should be fitted? It is held in by what I can see to be a single bolt. It's wet and horrible here, so will need investigation just not today! I wonder if it's just a case of being fitted the wrong way round, whatever it is!

Clio 172
Couple of pictures

Someone has tried to fit the liner over whatever is it causing it to split

una9yham.jpg

ynepyda5.jpg

most likely carbon canister is fitted incorrectly and pushing the liner inwards towards the wheel.

They look like ultraleggeras to me?? not like my superleggs

Dodgy one
The right hand side of your car doesnt line up, note where your bumper and wing are supposed to line up and your headlight sticks out.

Id take the bumpre off and investigate why your bumper is sitting back, i reckon the bumper mounting at the back of the wing is bent and as the wheelarch is fitted to it its pushed it all in towards the wheel.

I suspect the scuff on the bumper too is a result towards the arch liner being split as the bumper has flexed.

Clio 172
What is and what does a carbon canister do?

I had not noticed it not lining up till you just pointed it out! Now you have pointed it out its really noticeable!