ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First time 182 Cup owner on high mileage says hello!

182 Cup, DC2, E500
Alright all

A fantastic forum, so good I've paid for membership!

Quick introduction. My name is Rez and finally in my mid 30's I've bought a 182 with FF Cup extras! Car details are below;

2004 blue FF Cup spec (spoiler and suspension)
1 lady owner from new (I kid you not!)
A HUGE mileage of 140K with a very full service history
Immaculate exterior/interior for the age (honestly its ridiculously clean!)

I'm not new to cars. This will be car number 72 or so from my private high performance car fetish! I'm constantly replacing/restoring them aswell since it gives me a real buzz!

Currently I own and have restored an Integra Type R DC2 in Milano Red and I keep a Mercedes E500 Sport for my daily driver.

OK so issues with my first 182 Clio;

1 - Cambelt was completed by Renault for the second time at 131K at the cost of £1250 (a few other bits aswell) but they never changed the dephaser! Now, 9K later when its warm and idling I can hear the typical sound of a VVT phaser failure!

It looks like I will need to get the belt done AGAIN even though its only completed 9K just to change the dephaser!! Arrrgggh.

So my question is, where in Essex is the best place to get the job done? I probably will only need a new cambelt, dephaser and a waterpump change (the recent £1250 has a cambelt kit and an aux belt kit listed on the invoice so I assume the bearings are still cool).

Appreciate any cool advice chaps. If one of you gents is a Renault technician working from home on the weekends that's even more ideal!

Thanks to all

Rez

182 Cup, DC2, E500
Alright gents

Collection is this Sunday so once she is home and polished I'll get some up! Honestly its in incredible condition for the mileage...

182 Cup, DC2, E500
I've got one here for my DC2 in its current guise
IntegraProRace12_zps3dd58af1.jpg

is1

Integra Type R DC2
I'd be interested in your views on the 182 against the Type R.
They are often mentioned in the same breath when referring to great FWD cars. I found there was quite a difference.

182 Cup, DC2, E500
Interesting comment as I only bought the 182 to test against my Type R! I will let you know what I think, but the first impression on the test drive was that the seating position in the 182 was nothing compared to the DC2 which is quite simply sublime!

Mine isn't a normal DC2 anymore due to the many upgrades, but I can list them all if you wish to see the rather horrendous build spec!!

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Well I won't give away my thoughts on them just yet, although it may be obvious(!). Would still be interested in your thoughts on the 182.
I had a Trophy but frankly, I am not sure there is really that much in it between 1*2s for fast road use.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Handling very comparable other than the diff
honda engine much more tunable
Honda gearbox much better
clio doesn't rust, honda does
Clio has more torque

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Interesting comment as I only bought the 182 to test against my Type R! I will let you know what I think, but the first impression on the test drive was that the seating position in the 182 was nothing compared to the DC2 which is quite simply sublime!

Mine isn't a normal DC2 anymore due to the many upgrades, but I can list them all if you wish to see the rather horrendous build spec!!

Id be interested which route you went with the teg. Is it Turbo or bodies?

Many.
I assume, from your Wolverhampton parts request, you're south Essex way if Toomey is your local dealer?

I'm up in Dunmow.

182 Cup, DC2, E500
Yes sorry its CUP packed which is cool with me.

My ITR is NA, but with a few choice mods on the suspension/engine front. I built it to be track 'ready' although admittedly I'd never put it anywhere near a track for the fear of bending it!

Apart from replacing literally everything I could get my hands on, its also had two complete glass out repaints aswell and has been drenched in Dinitrol cavity waxes.

It owes me well over 20K as I tend to get a little obsessive with my cars, but I did buy it from the first and only owner.

Its now on 158000 with a full Honda service history (yes I still take it to Honda, in fact the next service is tomorrow morning) and its only been used with Mobil 1 0W40 from new. Believe it or not, the engine doesn't use even 1mm of oil between my 2K services which is incredibly rare for a Honda VTEC engine on mileage!

Its a stiff beast now though so I tend not to use it, just clean and polish it and continuously change as many parts as I can (usually for no known reason lol).

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I kept mine N/A, wish I still had it.

Got any pics of the engine show what you have done to it?

Here is mine:

integra1_zps7fe5d823.jpg

integra4_zpse799bd04.jpg

They are SUCH awesome lumps to tune, am putting one in my clio eventually.

182 Cup, DC2, E500
You can buy mine if you want buddy!

Serious throttle bodies there. How much did that lot gain you?

Here is my bay at the moment....
itrbay_zps5b6b3c76.jpg

I was looking at one like this on Auto trader, done 139k and one owner from new. Its gone today so I bet this was the one. Nice one

182 Cup, DC2, E500
Yes it was! Now owned and being put back to absolute A1 condition.

It's an absolutely brilliant car and you would struggle to tell the mileage!