ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First go with the new camera....

Si

RS Clio 172
Got a Nikon D40 for my birthday, finally got the chance to have a decent drive and get some shots today. Shame it was a misty day but hey ho.... comments please. be gentle, it's my first go.

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

There are a few more but i'm not happy with them tbh. I tried to get the road in a lot of the shots as it's the main driving road on the island. "the millie" lol.

Check out my tow eye ;)

Si

RS Clio 172
Looks great mate. Cup splitter and it would be perfect :)

Where did you get the tow eye from ;)

I have a carbon splitter in the garage. I've had 2nd thoughts about fitting it tbh. I will next weekend though. tried twice but got pissed off with attempting to jack the car up (sils bending etc) lol.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I have a carbon splitter in the garage. I've had 2nd thoughts about fitting it tbh. I will next weekend though. tried twice but got pissed off with attempting to jack the car up (sils bending etc) lol.

Nice one.

I chickened out fitting my splitter, and got Rentech to fit it :eek:

Si

RS Clio 172
I'm still scared by the jacking points on the clio. lol. i'll get there in the end!

Pearl Black 172
Its easy mate, i got a meggy one on mine and just used a few self tappers.

Car sits really well mate, whats it dropped on?

350Z GT
Some really good photos there.
Been the perfect weather the last couple of days to go driving on ' the millie' been meaning to take some photos for a few months over there but living near Ryde means its a fair trek over there, especially with petrol going over the £1/litre mark again over here!!

Si

RS Clio 172
Its easy mate, i got a meggy one on mine and just used a few self tappers.

Car sits really well mate, whats it dropped on?

I'm sure fitting it is easy, it's just this jacking lark I don't like. Since bending one of the sils i've got a bit nervy. tried on that box section bit i've seen mentioned and ended up exposing some bare metal. dunno wat to do? lol.

It's dropped on Bilstein B14 coilovers. really, really pleased with them.

Si

RS Clio 172
Some really good photos there.
Been the perfect weather the last couple of days to go driving on ' the millie' been meaning to take some photos for a few months over there but living near Ryde means its a fair trek over there, especially with petrol going over the £1/litre mark again over here!!

i rarely venture over there. Was in newport today and had the camera so i thought i'd get a drive and some photos in all in one trip!

RB 182 Cup
Nice shots bud, wish I had fucked the college work off and come with ya.

Especially like this one...
DSC_0016.jpg

2 things..

1) Where my was invite for picture time?

2) I hope that camera wasn't on auto! lol..

Ive got some guide thing you can have too, gives hints and stuff. Like a picture/simplified version of the manual! lol..

Looks good dude! :approve:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Nice shots! Wee bit over exposed in a couple but crackin first effort. Take lots on diff settings. Key is to remember what you changed for next time. Although no 2 days are the same!

Si

RS Clio 172
cheers guys! It was a pretty bright day. had the camera in "S" mode, was just messing about with shutter speeds. tried a few shots of passing cars too with a slower speed + panning. a couple came out ok, didn't wanna post pictures of a kia rio & citroen berlingo though! ha.