ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First ever tyre blowout

DCI 80
Front offside tyre made a loud bang and went pop doing 20 today, which was an interesting experience!

Could have been so much worse, Just shows the dangers of driving on near legal tyres or ones with slow punctures!

172cup turbo & rx8
I've been driving for almost 13yrs covering countless miles and never had one,

I would imaging its a pretty hairy experience at 70mph!!

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I've had one tyre burst after hitting a chunk of metal. But I was passenger in my dads car back in the 70's when a Vauxhall Viva had a blowout on the M6 near Keele and his car shot across the motorway in front of us into the barrier and our car hit the the Viva and the barrier. That was very scary. Thankfully we all walked away from the incident but the driver of the Viva had a nasty gash to his head where it hit the side window which was partially open at the time of the crash. My dad was in a P6 Rover 3500 and that had 3 point rear belts fitted. I was in the back seat so I was very lucky to have been wearing a full seat belt. Most cars of that era didnt have full rear seat belts then.