ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First cold morning in ages - so my heater dies....

Clio 182
Control panel seems to be working ok, when I turn the temperature up/down the fan adjusts to suit. The trouble is that I get naff-all heat until the temperature is at 'max' (and probably a bit on 26 degrees). Dead matrix?

Thanks,

Mark

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Dodgy temp sensor thinking the inside of the car is warmer than it really is? Assuming it's climate control anyway.

Admittedly I have no idea about this stuff though lol, so that could be way off!

Clio 182
Actually, that might be a theory. Had noticed that the A/C seemed to be trying to come on more often. Would the ambient display not be off too in that situation?

is the ambient display the temp that shows on the centre console? If so, i believe thats using the temp sensor on the underside of your passenger wingmirror

Clio 182
Yeah ignore that comment. It'd be an internal sensor screwing things up. Anyone know how many a 182 has ?(1 would be the preferred answer)

Clio 182
Took the temp sensor out at lunchtime, seems to be working fine (measuring with a DVM). Mixer flap next?

Clio 182
Could someone confirm that a 182 doesn't have a fan for the climate control sensor, and it's just the sensor itself poking slightly out of a small hole in the light surround?