ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Clio with over-fenders....

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
....possibly, but it turns out that is for a good reason.

Anybody that has been following my project thread (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...car-BTM-TDF-RS-Fab)-ITB-update-p77&highlight=) closely, or have noticed another thread i posted up about (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?529705-Over-fender-appreciation-thread...&highlight=) will have seen that over-fenders were going to be making an appearance on the clio.

This was for several reasons (but i can't be bothered to explain at the moment, check the project if you care), i received the over-fenders a few weeks ago but with other bits going on, then the snow i only managed to get them mocked up today, see below.

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

The over-fenders are universal, and really the only aftermarket type of thing you can get, i was a little bit dubious of the size when i got them, and then offered them up to a 19" wheel we had in the office (which they fitted relatively well). I always said that if it didn't look right it wouldn't happen and i would have to look at some other way around the issues i may soon have.

Needless to say, i think i will be posting these back.

keep an eye on my project thread for more updates shortly: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...car-BTM-TDF-RS-Fab)-ITB-update-p77&highlight=

Last edited:
im so glad you added that at the bottom, as i know your doing your own thing but they look turd.

sure you'll sort it though.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Wow they fit like a dream.... :s

Good to hear they're going back. :) Over fenders should only be on JDM cars... Very few other cars get away with it :(

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Looks mental, I think you could pull it off with some massively wide wheels if the fenders were trimmed to fit properly

BMW E36 328
DOnt look as good as i thought they would, but your doing the right thing sending them back lol.

Ollie's Silver Cup
It's a shame it's not worked out as planned, as it was a unique and interesting idea! One that I was looking forward to seeing.

I suppose that was the risk, with them only being available in a universal fitment.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Don't give up, they could look epic if modified and with the right stance.

ph1 172
not a fan of the 'fenders'. Might look good chromed with a merc badge;)

Have you done many miles on the AD08's? Any good?

I've got some for track work when the weather gets better.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
:dapprove: That didn't turn out like how I imagined!
Good effort for trying though.

nah nor as i imagined, i knew as soon as i saw them in the flesh that they would need alot of work, bit disappointed tbh, but its not worth the hassle for what they look like, if they looked ok taped on i think it would be going ahead as they are for a genuine reason, but they just look terrible...lol

What wheels are they? They look dam cool !

Custom Image Billet 95's, 8x16 fronts, 9x16 rears

Don't give up, they could look epic if modified and with the right stance.

Jason the car is kept at my mates unit, he is a a painter/sprayer and is not work shy but we both looked at it and said f*ck me
no.1 they look terrible and
no.2 they would need so much work

not a fan of the 'fenders'. Might look good chromed with a merc badge;)
Have you done many miles on the AD08's? Any good?
I've got some for track work when the weather gets better.

I haven't done any miles yet mate, they have literally been bolted on, but they have supplied the car with amazing amounts of grip whilst being pushed in and out of the unit...lol

Evo 5 RS
Wise choice there mate, tis a shame though as it's a unique idea. Possibly have some which are slightly less wide batched up? Maybe it's just me but if done right I think it could look cracking