ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Clio Sport 172 PH2 - LOVE IT!

Hello all

Thought I'd post and say hello and illustrate how much I fooking love the Clio Sport 172, first ever one I've had and my god how fun it is to drive!

Goes round corners likes a go kart and power delivery is great, especially up in the higher revs.

Got a phase 2 iceberg silver 172, 52 plate, mostly standard apart from back box and induction kit, sounds lovely.

Looking to tune it a bit more though, I've read about the fastchip remap, where is best place to buy it? what gains can I expect?

Few niggles about car though, on idle about 4500 rev there is a slight rattle from center section of exhaust, common issue?

Also A/C doesn't work, doesn't get cold, feels lukewarm, but hot is hot!

A friend got in the back tonight via drivers side and now the seat doesn't lock back in so slides about everywhere, not good when you are pulling away and braking! need to check this.

Clutch is very hard/stiff on it but feels good, and gear box seems good no whining and pulls like a train.

Any thoughts are more than welcome and any tips would be fantastic! great forum by the way!

Raced a 197 from the lights tonight, pulled from him straight away and kept going and going he backed off in end, felt great, huge huge smile on my face :smiley:

Getting wheels done in graphite grey, the gold is awful.

Pics:

IMG_20141019_121754.jpg

IMG_20141019_104336.jpg

IMG_20141019_121719.jpg

Last edited:
  Mec 350 slk manual
Welcome the first thing would be to change the colour of the wheels and then I would change the exhaust

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
get that exhaust off mate looks chav imo,get a skoda front splitter to replace the front one i would paint the wheels standard silver looks nice on that colour,then i would give it a small service new oil etc looks good m8 welcome

RB Clio 182
Good starting point, i would change the exhaust to a single exit one and get a new bumper with a professional cutout and exhaust surround, something like this..

4891905990_d8c4d42422_b.jpg

I would also change the wheels, but graphite will look better than the gold. What size are they?

I would also get a skoda front splitter(or an oem cup one.

Skoda Fabia..

172Fabiasplitter.jpg

Cup Splitter..

9773141562_3e87393cd0_c.jpg

BG Clio 182
Hello all

Thought I'd post and say hello and illustrate how much I fooking love the Clio Sport 172, first ever one I've had and my god how fun it is to drive!

Goes round corners likes a go kart and power delivery is great, especially up in the higher revs.

Got a phase 2 iceberg silver 172, 52 plate, mostly standard apart from back box and induction kit, sounds lovely.

Looking to tune it a bit more though, I've read about the fastchip remap, where is best place to buy it? what gains can I expect?

Few niggles about car though, on idle about 4500 rev there is a slight rattle from center section of exhaust, common issue?

Also A/C doesn't work, doesn't get cold, feels lukewarm, but hot is hot!

A friend got in the back tonight via drivers side and now the seat doesn't lock back in so slides about everywhere, not good when you are pulling away and braking! need to check this.

Clutch is very hard/stiff on it but feels good, and gear box seems good no whining and pulls like a train.

Any thoughts are more than welcome and any tips would be fantastic! great forum by the way!

Raced a 197 from the lights tonight, pulled from him straight away and kept going and going he backed off in end, felt great, huge huge smile on my face :smiley:

Getting wheels done in graphite grey, the gold is awful.

Pics:

IMG_20141019_121754.jpg

IMG_20141019_104336.jpg

IMG_20141019_121719.jpg
The clutches are always stiff mate its how they all are, you really get used to it though and now it feels weird driving a normal car as you push the clutch through the floor haha.

That could possibly be the baffles in the exhaust or a loose weld or something, see if the car is blowing underneath whilst someone revs it up.

The seats do this you have to push it all the way back to then lock it to move it forwards again ;)

Thanks for the feedbacks lads, booked the wheels in for Thursday, going for graphite grey, and they are 16"
I think it's the baffles in the center box, will get that sorted and will replace backbox with a single pipe, fixed the seat it had to go all the way back to click in while folded down, what a tit!

Any recommendation for a decent wax/polish for the paint work?

BG Clio 182
Thanks for the feedbacks lads, booked the wheels in for Thursday, going for graphite grey, and they are 16"
I think it's the baffles in the center box, will get that sorted and will replace backbox with a single pipe, fixed the seat it had to go all the way back to click in while folded down, what a tit!

Any recommendation for a decent wax/polish for the paint work?
Haha like I said mate the seats do that must go all the way to the back to click in before you can position them :) yeah be the baffles it can happen in any car so no worries!

Clio sport
Just got my first 172 too love it! Had the same seat problem with my 1.2 clio. Getting used to the stiffer clutch. Looking forward to seeing more pics as the wheels etc are done.image.jpg