ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First car project!

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
Well said ash ;) FCS ftw!

Thjnk Aw the Scottish folks are going down the Friday and camping til the Monday ( show being the Sunday )

SNV33030.jpg
Hey mate, loving the project i am and keep the good work up :D. Got a few things to ask about the exhaust cause im looking at doing the same thing :D. First of all was this a easy mod to do or did you need to cut anything behind the bumper ? And how much was something like this to get made up ? And also do you have any more pictures of the exhaust before it was fitted and some pictures looking up under the car at the exhaust to see the fit ?

Cheers
Rhys

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Orite man, Yes it was an easy mod for me as all i had to do was drive 40 miles to take it to someone else to make it haha Its a full custom made exhaust from the cat back. Nothing needed cut behind the bumper but it is abit tricky to get the right hand tailpipe in! Il try and get some pictures of the underside up soon for you. It cost me £350 to get it made, the guy i used is really good at what he does using powerflow parts making it sound however you want it which is pretty cool! Also came with a lifetime warrenty.

Hope this helps, PM me if you have any other questions
Jamie

Cheers for the reply bud. Sounds like its a must do mod than if it wasn't that much hassel :D

Yeah if you could get some pictures that would be really great mate cause when i come to do it i could give them to the guys who will be doing the job. Cause i know my luck they will say no it can't be done lol or you have to cut the spare wheel well out or something. Thanks for the info bud and please do get some pictures up if you get the chance mate

Thanks
Rhys

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
alright mate, where did you get the sidelight bulbs from, i have 6000k HID's and they would match perfect next to them, at the moment i just have the crappy white LED ones to replace the standard ones. if you could point me in right direction that would be great.

Your cars looking great too. Nice subtle mods ;-)

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks everyone! Dewiper is something i probs would of got around to doing adventually but the cars actually for sale now! Bought an inferno 182 which im so excited about!

£2250 if anyone is interested ;)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
How old are you mate? Fair play on getting a 182, ive gotta wait until January for my birthday, then I can insure one ;-)

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Im 19 mate. Been working like 62 hours weeks for the last 6 weeks to be able to afford it haha! Cant wait to get out in it but i cant till i sell this one! Insurance isnt actually as bad as i thought it was going to be!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
19! How much you got a quote for? I turn 21 in January, and its just under 1200 for a 182, I can't get a quote at 20 though :-(

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Got a quote from elephant for £1400 which is pretty decent concidering its lowered on springs, air filter, scorpion cat back exhaust and rs tuner remap! And also im paying 900 on a 1.2 just now! Just need to sell mine now! Know anyone that might be interested? haha

Grande 1.2
I think it would look nice with the badges sprayed white, like you said. and also some phs2 lights. But yeah it does look cool man:cool:

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Got a quote from elephant for £1400 which is pretty decent concidering its lowered on springs, air filter, scorpion cat back exhaust and rs tuner remap! And also im paying 900 on a 1.2 just now! Just need to sell mine now! Know anyone that might be interested? haha
That's well good considering you age. Is that fully comp too or third party? I pay 900 for my 1.2 fully comp, so in January an extra 300 quid for a 2.0 litre sport is good in my opinion. Apart from the big step up in fuel bills and car tax though! :-( Get some pics up of the inferno!

Renault Clio 1.2
The lights were so bad eh! Dont know what was going through my mind as i cruise ebay late at night after afew beers.... lol

And yea, everything on the car just now is 100% legal and intending to keep it that way!!

Comments and criticism welcome but constructive criticism please dont just say "looks like turd mate!"

Also ideas of what to do next, got a 182 bumper getting sent up tomorrow and getting a custom made 182 style exhaust :)

Possibly get the bump strips sorted next!

View attachment 52635
View attachment 52636

Here is the final product! The red clio is my mate Adam's - BassMonStar on here!

I know this is an old post but what alloys are on the red clio??

cheers