ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First car project!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
they look great anyway mate. haha, i no what you mean i sprayed my bullets and diamond last weekend and was the same, turned out good though :) i'm not sure if i should do mine black or white though now, probs black.. another thing mate do you're wheels rub at all lowered my 60mm and what's the ride comfort like?

He's running a lot lower than 60 dude. Virtually no movement in the suspension so guess how comfy that is?!

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Ye quite alot of rub currently at the moment.... need to get some spacers and get the camber and tracking done as its not been done since it was lowered. no rubbing at all at 60mm and i did put the car through its paces on the springs! Not sure at all about the bright badges ashbash... defo thinks thats just you ;)

thanks for the comments everyone :)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
ash is a homo tbh...get some carbon skinned ones :approve: look good with black ;)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
ta da

ists77.jpg

get some smaller tyress ;)

Last edited:

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Right finally got another update.....

Had my exhaust done last thursday and im so happy with it! It burbles nicely when changing gear! Also managed to get an RS grille off someone on here which makes such a difference although its kinda faded just now so will be spraying it black at some point!

Managed to get a few pictures and a short video today so let me know what you all think :)

SNV33028.jpg

SNV33032.jpg

SNV33033.jpg

SNV33030.jpg

And Finally the video :)

[video]http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k501/jezzamac1/?action=view&current=SNV33031.mp4[/video]

Comments and critisism welcome!

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
The clio badge will be coming off at some point to be honest!

Not sure about dewipering as i actually use my back wiper a fair bit lol

Looking to get black light inserts! so if anyone wants a swap then drop me a PM and il be down to swap!

Clio 1.2 16v
who did that exhaust for ya mate? where is the company based?

Thats exactly the sorta thing im looking at for my clio :)

Flame Red Delight
gees where did all the local people in this thread come from?, im sure i have seen you around mate i recognise the plate? car looks nice, needs rid off all tints though (including the rear lights). Then it would be much more to my taste but, each to there own

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
where you gets the leds for dash from? car looks and sounds sick btw

Hi mate Got all the LEDS from crazyleds they come in a pack with everything you need cant remember how much though!

Looks good mate I like it. Who done your exhaust?

Hey for everyone that asked about the exhaust its a guy through in east kilbride called Simons custom Exhausts. He is really good and a really nice guy! Look up simons custom exhausts on google and it should come up!

Im thinking about a decat pipe for it to try and make it pop and shoot flames haha

Got a tow strap for it today which looks nice! Solid to drill out though, had to give it to my mate with a lathe who said he had to sharpen his drill bit about 5 times in order to get through it!

Colour coding will hopefully happening soon but not going to spend much more money on it! Saving for a real 182 ;) haha

Cheers guys!

Last edited:

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Right finally got another update.....

Had my exhaust done last thursday and im so happy with it! It burbles nicely when changing gear! Also managed to get an RS grille off someone on here which makes such a difference although its kinda faded just now so will be spraying it black at some point!

Managed to get a few pictures and a short video today so let me know what you all think :)

SNV33028.jpg

SNV33032.jpg

SNV33033.jpg

SNV33030.jpg

And Finally the video :)

[video]http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k501/jezzamac1/?action=view&current=SNV33031.mp4[/video]

Comments and critisism welcome!

Least you never got stuck... oh wait.

lights, tints and silly stickers are terrible. the rest of the car looks really promising as a base for modification... even ph1 rears would look better dude...

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
L
lights, tints and silly stickers are terrible. the rest of the car looks really promising as a base for modification... even ph1 rears would look better dude...

agree with lights, drove behind them tonight look AWFUL! Silly stickers could be worse!

Khah!

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
ive searched the site but can only find mk3 leds but no mk2, any idea what pack you bought? thanks

https://www.crazyleds.co.uk/Clio-MK3-Full-SMD-LED-dash-conversion-kit..html

The mk3 ones are the right ones. I take it your heating controls are like mine and are the dials? You will need to tell them that when you order them or they will send you LEDs for the climate control instead of 2 bulbs!

I did like the lights but im starting to go off them abit aswell! But im really not sure about putting the big bright standard ones back on!

Sorry naith but the tints are staying just for the soul fact that they cost me £110 and i cant face the thought of it being wasted money! Plus i like them so they are staying!

I REALLY want black light inserts! Anyone want to swaaaaaaaap :)

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
sorry to be cheeky but im 17 too and looking for a clio, but even standard the insurance seems alot have u listed your mods on it? and how much is yours?

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate,

yea ive listed all my mods on it and my insurance company only care about performance mods like the suspension! so tinted windows, exhaust, wheels... etc non of that put my insurance up! Im with quinn and they seem to be pretty good. I just renewed my insurance last month - 19yo 2 years experience 1 years NCB all mods declared 900 which is pretty good

When i first started driving after i passed my test it was 1600 third party fire and theft but insurance has gone up alooooot since then i believe :(

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
I may well my man. When and where is it? I dont know whether to go to the CS meet or FCS as i can only go to one due to having to take time off work! Ive got a couple of mates that are wanting to go down to one or the other so we can get a wee convoy on the go ;) lol

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Hi mate,

yea ive listed all my mods on it and my insurance company only care about performance mods like the suspension! so tinted windows, exhaust, wheels... etc non of that put my insurance up! Im with quinn and they seem to be pretty good. I just renewed my insurance last month - 19yo 2 years experience 1 years NCB all mods declared 900 which is pretty good

When i first started driving after i passed my test it was 1600 third party fire and theft but insurance has gone up alooooot since then i believe :(

o right thats good then, think to be honest im going to have to have it standard for a while insurance for me is coming out at 2000 in my moms name! cheers anyway.

Ibiza Cupra 1.4 TSI
I may well my man. When and where is it? I dont know whether to go to the CS meet or FCS as i can only go to one due to having to take time off work! Ive got a couple of mates that are wanting to go down to one or the other so we can get a wee convoy on the go ;) lol

Well looks like FCs will be the better one as i have said before dude get to fcs it will be a good laugh :)