ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Car - Clio MK2 Van!

clio mk2 van
Hi guys, first post on here :). Picked up my 1.9d clio van 3 weeks ago. Got the van version as insurance was £1275 fully comp in my own name, whereas a 1.2 clio (and any other similar low capacity car) was at least 3k in my own name! Fully standard apart from the M3 mirrors haha. Wanting to do some subtle mods to it as some of the van projects on here look so good.

Ordered some angel eyes which are yet to come which I think would look good. Also looking at getting some 172 grey/black alloys.

What else would you do? Not looking to spend too much!

Cheers!

http://s1114.photobucket.com/albums/k530/dalejenga/

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i may have some front half leathers for sale.. if there any good to you ?
what are your plans for this ?

Liamm

ClioSport Club Member
  Not anymore
Black roof? Mine needed respraying so I decided black and im also wanting black 172 alloys, but, baby has to come first lol.Should look awesome with a 172 kit on. Will be watching this :)

clio mk2 van
yeah I saw your van thread mate and the black roof looks good, so think I may have that done! do they do a 172 kit for the ph1? probably way out of my price range to be honest.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
may i ask how old you are and where you got your insurance from, as my brother is looking for a van as his first vehicle and that insurance quote you got is very good.

clio mk2 van
im 17 mate, no no claims obviously, with aviva. put it through the car insurance but it may change to van insurance. dads on the policy which lowered it abit but youre not aloowed to share no claims so as he uses his on another vehicle it doesn't lower it that much. and obviously this is a 1.9 so goes alright and got 50mpg last week! if you tried maybe a 1.4tdci fiesta or something it would be less. hope this helps.

Liamm

ClioSport Club Member
  Not anymore
yeah I saw your van thread mate and the black roof looks good, so think I may have that done! do they do a 172 kit for the ph1? probably way out of my price range to be honest.
Well im not 100% with ph1 172 kits, I know the front bumpers different but not sure about anything else. If its just front bumper then just pick one up and sprayshack on here can spray it :)

clio mk2 van
anyone got any 172/182 alloys kicking about, preferably in blac/grey with good tyres? I have around £250 to spend, cheers.

clio mk2 van
update - after I decided to rear end a BMW I though i may aswell buy a new bumper too. picked up this one cheap from the scrappy, big improvement from before I reckon. Should be picking up 4x 182 alloys with michelin tyres for £150 tomorrow! will update then. cheers. new bumper.jpg

clio mk2 van
they're on! happy with how they look, not too much of a gap either? rubbing slightly on the back though, best way to sort this anyone? not the best pic, will clean it this weekend and take better ones.

whats next?alloys on.jpg

clio mk2 van
not sure. few little things need doing, ie horn fixing, fog lamps connecting. dunno whether to colour code side strips or not. cheers though :)

Vectra
looks smart , but personally id go for a sport replica on coilovers or if you have deep pockets air ride

yeah some of the sport van reps ive seen look so good. I think alloys are needed first, my main priority. Already bought angel eyes as i said. Think I'm gonna go with a black and white theme
what other little things could I do to make it look smarter?

cheers :).

hey up m8 ive got a mk2 van too u got pic with angel lights on i was thinking of getting a set ?

clio mk2 van
im afraid i've had a nightmare with the headlights. mateys definetly sent them as I have a copy of the reciept and he's a respected seller on ebay, but they were sent over a month ago and i still haven't recieved them, and I'm now having to send a P58 form out to try and get my money back :(. i then bought some RSI headlights from a scrappy, but the bulbs were totally different so the sockets wouldnt connect! by this stage i just needed to be back on the reoad so swapped them for some shi**y standard ones! you got any pics of your van for ideas?

HeadK7 your van looks sick! unfortunately I don't have enough money for coilovers, let alone air bags haha. just looking for ideas for some cheap ideas (ie. spraying parts etc)

cheers :)

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
That's not headk7s van. But mine
Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

Vectra
haha nope thats not my van , i dont own a van...but that has to be one of best!

you should buy ph1 sport front bumper , but go for the ph2 172 rear and when you can buy coilovers or air..

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
im with everyone else,

put a sport kit on it!!
perhaps with a ph2 back end!
CC ph2 door strips

put the standard mirrors on,
and get a set of sport headlights, just change the wiring slightly!!

then drop it to the floor on coilovers and it will be epic win!! lol

clio mk2 van
wheels been spaced 10mm on the rear so they're no longer rubbing :)
new pressed plates.
renault badge's on wheels been painted black.

next - clear side repeaters (anyone got any kicking about)
white ph2 side strips? possibly?
aaaaand clean the headlights up.

I would kill to make this a rep but simply don't have the cash :( I'm spending £40 a week on fuel minimum just to get to college and back, and only working saturday's is barely covering it. My RS125 Aprilia is still for sale so when that sells and I've payed my dad back for insurance who knows!wheels done.jpgpressed plates.jpg