ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

finished!!

Ultra Red Clio 197
finished!! 182 REP! :)

I spent the weekend finishing my 182 rep.. its taken ages and cost a small fortune, but the main thing is ive enjoyed having it as a project to work on.. Been fun finding all the parts etc! Please dont start with the waste of money posts as I dont care about that.

From this when I first bought it a year and a half ago..

DSC00049.JPG

To this:

New pressed Number plates.. 307 front splitter!
DSC00865.JPG

DSC00871.JPG

DSC00870.JPG

Pictures arent the greatest.. I'll get a few better ones up soon.

Heres some more work in progress pictures from friday and saturday...

DSC00855.JPG

DSC00856.JPG

DSC00857.JPG

DSC00858.JPG

DSC00868.JPG

Mods include:
182 Anthracite Cup Alloys
182 Replica Alloy Pedals/footrest (by Turner)
Standard Silver handbrake button
Standard silver gear knob
Custom Made floor Mats
172 Colour coded Spoiler
Colour coded door and bumper mouldings
Colour coded door exterior handles
Painted Calipers Red with Renault Decal
Silvatec Bulbs front, rear and indicators
Clear Side Repeaters
Black Bee sting aerial
Sport Front Grille
182 Full Half leather interior (inc door cards)
40mm Lowering springs
182 Rear Bumper
Custom Made 182 replica Twin Exhaust
Anthracite Alcantara covered interior Windscreen Pillars
Anthracite 16V badges
182 front bumper
182 side wings
182 side skirts

Mods waiting to be fitted:
NONE!

Planned Mods:
Possibily lowering it more than 40mm on the front.. as it sits ok at 40mm at the back, but looks high at the front.. what you think?

Its going at the end of the month for 2 days worth of detailing inside and out which will be just in time for the Larne car show when it will be on the ClioSport.net stand!

Any comments/suggestions good or bad welcome!

Thanks

Ross

Last edited:
  1.2 Dynamique billabong
nice one buddy looks great and has definately come along way.

do the RS skirts have a lip on the top of them like the replica skirts (seee pic), do yours clip on by the lip slotting between the sideskirt clips and the bodywork

IMG_2716.jpg

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
TBH mate, who cares how much you've spent. You've spent it to get it how you wanted the car and you've done it, congrats mate!

Think you should find some Xenon headlamps and maybe those smoked rear LED lights :D oh and you know you have to paint that front diamond! lol

Well done mate

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Yeah looks sweet mate! can't wait till mines finished!

did u decide against an RS steering wheel?

Ultra Red Clio 197
TBH mate, who cares how much you've spent. You've spent it to get it how you wanted the car and you've done it, congrats mate!

Think you should find some Xenon headlamps and maybe those smoked rear LED lights :D oh and you know you have to paint that front diamond! lol

Well done mate

Thanks mate. Im not going to spending any more money on it for a while tbh.. The 2 day detail will be £250, but it really needs it as paint is awful! I was thinking about doing the diamond anthracite.. dunno yet.

nice one buddy looks great and has definately come along way.

do the RS skirts have a lip on the top of them like the replica skirts (seee pic), do yours clip on by the lip slotting between the sideskirt clips and the bodywork

Thank you. The skirts do have a lip on them, but only so the brackets can get underneath. I didnt need to use any adhesive to stick them on as they are hooked onto the brackets then have 5 bolts along the bottom.

Yeah looks sweet mate! can't wait till mines finished!

did u decide against an RS steering wheel?

I do have a 172 wheel fitted.. I forgot to list it with the other mods!

looks very nice mate. did you get side skirt clips for the sideskirts?

Yep.. You can see the clips in the pic above.. I put 8 clips down each side. Drilled the sills and riveted them on.

Thanks for all the kind comments! Im pleased with how its turned out.. I'll be getting better photos soon, but tbh I was shattered after working on it for 2 days plus soaked to the skin as it was raining constantly on day 2.. Just didnt have the energy to go somewhere good for photos!

Ultra Red Clio 197
so am i right in thinking they work like this

fittingsideskirtcopy.jpg

Yep, Thats how they work.. then there are 5 holes along the bottom of the side skirt that bolt on.. However my car didnt have any holes along the bottom so had to drill them. then I fitted size 10 bolts/nuts and painted them black with a touch up brush.

mate, were are you from?

need to get a meet soon

Im in Newtownards.. Been to a few meets with the others from NI on the forum, but not for a while cause been busy with work and stuff.. I'll be at the Larne car show.. so you should come if your not already going!

Cro

Meg'd r27
Looks well mate good job. What springs are you using? Looks almost not lowered at all on the front :S

Ultra Red Clio 197
so am i right in thinking they work like this

fittingsideskirtcopy.jpg

Heres a closer picture for you..
DSC00864.JPG

I lined up the brackets on the reverse of side skirt, then marked the center of the each brackets on the reverse of the side skirt with a marker. I then measured the distance between each of the marks I made then used that to get the positioning right when drilling the car. After drilling I put black silicon in the hole and put the bracket in place with the rivet. Hard to explain, hope hope you understand!

Ultra Red Clio 197
Looks well mate good job. What springs are you using? Looks almost not lowered at all on the front :S

Cheers Stephen.. Ive 40mm apex springs all round.. Though I was thinking the same.. It is a bit lower now.. though the only thing I can think of is that they need a bit of time to settle again after being on the axel stands for a day. Those pictures above where taken not long after I had the wheels back on..

fair play for putting all the work in :D

Thanks! Its been a good project over the last year!

Ultra Red Clio 197
It's about bloody time Ross :) can't wait to see this in person!

lol.. cheers! Your right its about time! Ive been waiting ages for it to be complete.. I would like a cup spoiler for it though!

Hopefully money permitting I'll make it over to FCS.. i'll let you know but would be good to meet you all and get all these recent reps all together!

car looks amazing, well done, wish i had the commitment/money to do a fully blown rep.

Now its done, just looking at it makes it worth every penny! scared to count up costs but dont care as its been spread over a year or so.. It was more lack of patience that ate away at me!

Looks well Ross, i bet your glad its sorted now.

Will be having a mini meet soon so we'll let you know so we can get a sneak peek before UCS ;)

Ultra Red Clio 197
Looks well Ross, i bet your glad its sorted now.

Will be having a mini meet soon so we'll let you know so we can get a sneak peek before UCS ;)

Cheers. Yeah, im over the moon! lol.. Yeah let me know about the mini meet.. if I can make it, i'll be there! Havent been out with you all since Portrush!! Car has been an un-finished mess for ages so will be good to get cya all.

lol.. cheers! Your right its about time! Ive been waiting ages for it to be complete.. I would like a cup spoiler for it though!

Hopefully money permitting I'll make it over to FCS.. i'll let you know but would be good to meet you all and get all these recent reps all together!

Now its done, just looking at it makes it worth every penny! scared to count up costs but dont care as its been spread over a year or so.. It was more lack of patience that ate away at me!
You can get a few bargains on cup spoilers, you just have to wait. I got mine for £90 with brake light and washer, wasn't even looking at getting one but was too good to refuse!

Ultra Red Clio 197
You can get a few bargains on cup spoilers, you just have to wait. I got mine for £90 with brake light and washer, wasn't even looking at getting one but was too good to refuse!

I'll keep an eye out for one!

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i just wanna confirm that the lip of the sideskirt get trapped / slots down between the car body and the bracket, like i drew in that pic, is that right. just wanna check they work that way so will be ok for the replica skirts

Ultra Red Clio 197
i just wanna confirm that the lip of the sideskirt get trapped / slots down between the car body and the bracket, like i drew in that pic, is that right. just wanna check they work that way so will be ok for the replica skirts

Yes thats how they work.. though im not sure if its going to work ok with replica side skirts.. but give it a go! I used to have the replica skirts and although I didnt fit them, I know they were a right pain to fit. The genuine RS skirts fitted easily leaving no gaps that needed filling.. I was surprised at just how easy they were to fit.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
ok cheers buddy hopefully i will get round to sorting them out this week, spent today finishing my false floor for my boot install, just need to decide whether to cover it with black acoustic carpet or do it in leather and trim the sub box to match (also not sure what colour to do it if i go with leather, do you think a light tan would look good or should i just stick with black). just got a few niggley bits to sort on my car then it is done properly, finally sorted out the exhaust surrounds :)

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Did your insurance go up much?

Mine was just about okay lol.... they classed it as a "bodykit" LOL

Looks ace tho :D

Ultra Red Clio 197
Did your insurance go up much?

Mine was just about okay lol.... they classed it as a "bodykit" LOL

Looks ace tho :D

Didnt have to pay any extra insurance.. im 24 so think that helps as im not classed as you typical barry boy as far as insurance goes! lol