ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally time to order my paddle clutch....

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
.....and it appears I can either go with Helix or Alcon paddle clutch......someone correct me if I'm wrong here please.

I believe I'd heard good things about the Alcon paddle but not sure who could supply me with one.

Helix paddle is around the £340 mark I think from Yozzasport.

It is purely a trackcar before anyone tries to talk me out of purchasing a paddle clutch and will be fitting throttle bodies shortly and also have a gripper diff so will have the power & other mods to warrant using/living with one.

Anyone any recommendations/suppliers please before I purchase? :)

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
mine isnt either of those makes for my cup racer but it was bought from r sport and is the one that came in the cup racers.
the only thing id say look out for is make sure it has 6 rivets holding it together not 3.

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
mine isnt either of those makes for my cup racer but it was bought from r sport and is the one that came in the cup racers.
the only thing id say look out for is make sure it has 6 rivets holding it together not 3.

I tried to get old of one of those Renault Sport clutches from France but a contact let me down in Belgium....how did you go about getting one mate?

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
i spoke to r sport in wimbledon 02085420042, but i think most stealers will be able to get you one in. part number is 77 11 129 380, give your local renault dealer a ring they won't have it in stock but might be able to get it from france and would save postage from wimbledon .

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Is that the paddle version then including cover & release bearing? How much did it work out to be?

I also heard these are very good - how have you found yours?

Thanks mate

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
thats just the part number for the plate no cover or anything do you want the part numbers for the rest of it?
havnt used mine yet its still brand new and itl be used with a sequetial box, but they are very good although ive never driven a "H" pattern box with one.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
Rep. Référence Designation Coef

77 11 129 380 Friction embrayage 1 clutch plate
2 77 11 155 584 Mécanisme d'embrayage 1 clutch cover
3 77 00 102 781 Butée embrayage 1 relaease bearing
4 77 01 041 200 Dose de graisse 1g 1 grease
5 77 03 055 031 Rondelle Grower Ø7 6 clutch cover washers
6 77 03 101 309 Vis H M7x100-16 6 clutch cover bolts
7 77 00 112 818 Fourchette embrayage 1 lever
8 77 00 875 163 pivot de fourchette + rotule 1 pivot

yea mines sadev

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
no you don't but i just copied and pasted the list and thought id put what they all were lol

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Excellent......thanks for that mate - will give Renault a ring shortly & see what they can sort for me!!!

Lionel Richie
cup racers had problems with the alcon one exploding, they then started using the Helix

there is another one that lee mentions also, but tbh a paddle clutch is a paddle clutch!

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
we had one batch in which only had 3 rivets holding them together one exploded and all the others were about to explode too, that was a fun nite finding out you too take out 3 engines and change the clutch in a day.

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
cup racers had problems with the alcon one exploding, they then started using the Helix

there is another one that lee mentions also, but tbh a paddle clutch is a paddle clutch!

So really what you are saying is Helix is just as good if I cant get one within a decent time scale from Renault?

Well a paddle clutch is a paddle clutch but there can be different variants/qualitys cant there - sprung/unsprung/6 & 4 paddle etc - especially after what LeeP86 says about them exploding cos they're only held in with 3 rivots!! Thats shocking!

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Well that was a good start - Renault Liverpool didnt have a clue what the hell I was going on about! LOL

They are phoning Renault to make some enquiries on my behalf!!

Failing that I will try R-Sport!

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
did you give them the part numbers?
il be ordering some stuff from r sport in the next couple of days too.

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Yeh mate I did.

Just spoken to R-Sport - they've taken the part numbers down & will ring me with availability & price etc.

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Its like banging your head against a brick wall.....they rang me back after totally ignoring the part numbers i gave them with a price on a standard clutch kit.....

....I await another phone call!!!

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
willys theyre usually pretty good, any hassle mate let me know and il find out next time i pop over there.

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Finally.....Renault Sport Paddle Clutch, cover, bearing, cambelt kit & exhaust gasket...delivered...£530!!! Bank managers gonna love me this month!!!

Lee...thanks for your help - much appreciated.

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Just as a matter of interest - the bearing - is it a standard or uprated one - am I best off orderingthe better one from Yozza or sumwhere?

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
the one they supply i think is standard but im not sure. which ever one it is itl be fine we used it on the race cars for years and i can't remember one that failed.

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Excellent good man - I'll check the rivot situation when it gets delivered as well & send you a pic if you dont mind just to make sure its ok.

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Fred.....not sure which Lee that was aimed at.....but I'm only goin off what....

LeeP86 said:
...but i think most stealers will be able to get you one in...

..^ he said to me! LOL!