ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

finally after a few brown pant moments..

Monaco 172
17022009316.jpg

17022009317.jpg

17022009318.jpg

a bit of blue!

Si

RS Clio 172
oooo i like this! i have the same headunit and get annoyed by the blue/orange combo.

TrackCar & F30 330d
That looks wicked mate.
I'm even more impressed that you dont have loads of other warning lights like my 182 has.
I'm dong well atm, i've got the esp, serv, fuel, and emmisions light :)
lol

Monaco 172
psml!...i think it needs a wee look at lol!

cheers! oh and yes it is a pain in the hole! only becuase the dial lights are microscopic and so hard to get off the board....i smashed all mine and well...the rest just had to come off then. worked out ok!

Bumder With A Buffer
My guidance worked wonders then?? ;)

Post up what you did for the clock as im faaaaaarrr to lazy to work it out myself :)

Bumder With A Buffer
Oh and one recommendation... on the climate control you can change the "blue" cool down button for a blue led to make it stand out better (thats what I did on mine and it looks good/better)

Monaco 172
Oh and one recommendation... on the climate control you can change the "blue" cool down button for a blue led to make it stand out better (thats what I did on mine and it looks good/better)

there already is one that colour under there, i didnt think it was slightly duller!

as for the clock...get this...

piece of strip board, with 2 series circuits, each with 1 82ohm resistor (as recommended by 24seven) and two or 3 SMDs, those two circuits in parrallel. make two of those as small as you can. then connect them to the contacts at the back of the clock. and put a piece of paper between the filter and LCD screen to dull the glare of the LEDs together!

i never took pics but heres one i was playing with....

15022009312.jpg

you get the idea!

Bumder With A Buffer
Really you didnt think it was duller?? Might of just been mine then...

Before

P3110069.jpg

After new led (the ones that you got)

06022009398.jpg

Bumder With A Buffer
i see the difference...ill MAYBE take it apart again and do it lol

Dont be a wuss! its easy once you've done it once... My rev counter light went out the other day... caused by a faulty LED :( but took it off and had changed it over in about 10 minutes.

Just be wary of that... faulty LED's that is... wont show up until they have been on for a while constantly

(not that it should happen just pre warning!)

Monaco 172
yea its dead easy to take it all apart and ive got a gd few spares here, ones that i didnt blow up while testing lol

one of the solder joints did crack last night but that was easy fixed!

Bumder With A Buffer
Looks alright though! Only shame is you cant do multi coloured dials i.e have red needles and black background.

Well you can but you buy those plasma dials which dont look as good imo.

Still must try and get my colour changing ones in at some point! :)

Monaco 172
if you can be arsed, look over on the astra forum.
a guy whos doing his nurgurgrin was telling me he can do magic with them like, all crazy logos in your dash etc.

he would book himself into a hotel in say...manchester and say hell do 8 cars that weekend on a first come first serve basis, im sure if you got in touch he could do something lol

"Navy" N17 TWO
Good job Pete :)
As said I'm having mine sent off to get done, - couldn't trust myself with those parts lol
They're proving to be a bollox to get out already!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I like it alot , looks much better than factory imo . I won't be attempting it though , with my big clumsy hands i'm bound to brake something lol .

Black Gold Trophy
I'd be worried about f**king it up tbh, did it on my corsa and it all worked sweet but looking at the guide on here for the clio Id be worried about touching the circuit board on the instrument panel with the soldering iron!

BMW M135i
Red one in the bottom of the fuel gauge would be nice but I don't know how it'd diffuse through? Just to light the R up red really.

Monaco 172
that wont work because of the way its lit up, which you may or may not know? its just like two big fibre optic plates that light up the needle and the dials, same idea for the smaller dials too. would be good though as you say!

AK

M240i
Really liking that.

Would love that in the Mk3 but don't know the first thing about electronics etc :(

Looks amazing. Well worth it

And a full Fuel Tank aswell, You don't happen to live at the CS Mansion do you?

2004 black clio sport 182
does any one know where i can get this done for me and how much it would cost because to be honest i cant be ased to do it my self lol

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Really nice job Pete! Looks awesome inside! This would be a great modification as the blue lights would go along with my stereos blue glow :p