ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fifth gear

Clio 182 BG
Hey,

i would like to change my fifth gear to a longer one for more top speed.

i´m always go into the rev limiter on highways and that s..cks.

someone done that before? any experience?

Clio 182 BG
Why more power?

I was last year on the dyno, and it has 184PS and it was stock.

Now i have matched inlets new KN panel filter K-tec ultra performance exhaust and i´m still waiting for my RS tuner:)

Clio 182 BG
drive slower? save fuel ?

i dont know this words:rasp:

problem is if you can drive as fast as you want, you will do it.

Clio 182 BG
of course i don´t go that speed for long time

but 15 minutes or so its ok, oil temp water temp are ok, so why not?

we have KMH you have MPH, why 130 max speed? i converted from KMH to MPH and that are about 150 MPH

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Everyone is so helpfull... lol

Don't blame you, if you can do it legally why not go flat out.

You can get it done no problem, but it's labour involved to get the box out which is pricey.

Well the Rstuner will raise the rev limiter a few hundred RPM but this will obviously only alow you to go a smidge faster.

Not sure if you can bolt up a 197 gearbox to a 182 engine (6 gears I'd presume 6th gear will be slightly longer than 5th on your existing box), I have a feeling the answer is no though but it gives you something to look into also

150MPH in a Clio - you my friend have big balls sir.

Clio 182 BG
i think the 197 gearbox will not fit because the engine is different...

and the 197 is restricted at about 215 KMH (133mph) so that is not an option for me;)

@ Dan : i can use the renault garage for free because almost my hole family works there:D so i need only time and do it by my own

Anyone has experience with this?

immaculate clio 172

we have KMH you have MPH, why 130 max speed? i converted from KMH to MPH and that are about 150 MPH
Whatever mate 150 mph in a clio, Rev range wont allow it, I want what your TAKING from now on we call you BILLY:rasp:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Wouldnt feel safe in my Clio at 150mph lol, even if it was a straight line.

Clio 182 BG
Oh yes i only want to know if anybody has done this before and which parts they use for it...

@Greeny : what TV show?

@matthewsimone : oh yes gear range allow this...about 7100 you drive about 243kmh...

why not , if you are scared to drive this don´t do that, maybe you are only scared about because it´s illegal in your country.

here it is normal everbody who has a car thats fast enough do it and don´t care about.
the motorways are in good condition almost straight some light corners so why not???

so i only want to know if anybody has some experience with this....

i don´t want to discuss if its too fast or not or if some are scared to drive a clio...

btw
@matthewsimone: who the f**k is Billy???

impreza sti prodrive

max i ever got out of my 182ff was 147mph. :rasp:

its definetly posible though bud, do a search for gearbox engineers, or get intouch with some of the clio cup technical techs im sure they could point you in the right direction. (& yes i no they use dog boxes) but they should still be able to help.

black gold 182
i dont know about everyone else but i would happily sacrifice 20 off the top speed of my 182 IF it got there alot quicker.

immaculate clio 172
Oh yes i only want to know if anybody has done this before and which parts they use for it...

@Greeny : what TV show?

@matthewsimone : oh yes gear range allow this...about 7100 you drive about 243kmh...

why not , if you are scared to drive this don´t do that, maybe you are only scared about because it´s illegal in your country.

here it is normal everbody who has a car thats fast enough do it and don´t care about.
the motorways are in good condition almost straight some light corners so why not???

so i only want to know if anybody has some experience with this....

i don´t want to discuss if its too fast or not or if some are scared to drive a clio...

btw
@matthewsimone: who the f**k is Billy???
you are billy mate, Billy Bull s**t hahaha, The standard rev range in a 182 wont allow it to do 150 mph it will hit limiter in 5th before that speed could be achieved im afraid, And if yours shows 150 then you either have different size wheels on which is throwing the speedo out or your speedo is just out anyway :banghead:

impreza sti prodrive
@ 182nic : thank you:)

not a problem dude im sure they are the guys you will need to speak to as they change ratios quiet oftem i think.
& to save debaits i have video evidence of my run, but no way is it getting posted on here lol

Clio 182 & Golf Mk1 Racer
Even if you had a longer 5th, it does not have enough power to make use of it.

It takes a while to get to the limiter in 5th, and it would take even longer to get to the same speed as you are getting now, with a longer 5th, even though, ultimately you might achieve a higher top speed.

Buy a different car if that is what you like doing, the 182 gets its ass handed to it on a plate by most German executive saloons on the autobahn.

Evo 8 MR
Clio's aren't really designed to run at this speed constantly, is it even safe, ie won't the engine blow up?

Apparently when your running at high revs the oil gets pushed to the top of the engine and therefore vital parts aren't getting the lubrication they need, not sure if it's true though.

I'd say get a different car with a bigger engine that can run at that sort of speed at lower revs.

impreza sti prodrive
Clio's aren't really designed to run at this speed constantly, is it even safe, ie won't the engine blow up?

Apparently when your running at high revs the oil gets pushed to the top of the engine and therefore vital parts aren't getting the lubrication they need, not sure if it's true though.

I'd say get a different car with a bigger engine that can run at that sort of speed at lower revs.

no mate, the rev limiter is there to stop you blowing the engine up, ie: over reving it. in theory you can sit there on the limiter all day.

I wouldnt feel comfortable sitting there at 7000RPM all day, at least not without some gauges with oil temps pressure etc.. You have to bear in mind how hot some internal components are getting with prolonged high RPMs

impreza sti prodrive
^^^ i no what you mean but the theory is still there.

peaple has to remember that when the guy is running at top speed there is a huge abount of air passing over that engine to aid cooling.

famus last word but, be reet lol