ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiesta ST2 with Triple R front splitter fitted.

Hi,

I fitted the Triple R front splitter a week or so ago. Gave the car a well deserved clean so decided to take some snaps..

The car is ace, just keeps getting better. Pulls strong, handles well, seats are quality and its averaging 35mpg in mixed driving. It also turns alot of heads, which I didn't expect...

14266350979_a09e698e4a_c.jpg

IMG_6380 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

14451660242_8bb78a2787_c.jpg

IMG_6373 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

14266334339_b4ffd5d6dd_c.jpg

IMG_6386 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

14266373180_34b33d3ed4_c.jpg

IMG_6385 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

14453008465_d9cceecfea_c.jpg

IMG_6374 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
That looks great, the splitter really finishes the front end off nicely.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good, but think it would look even better if they did a full aero-package, with a bit on the skirts etc, because now the skirts and rear look like they're from a 1.0 in comparison to the front.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Stunning. Splitters are a must on a lot of cars these days.

1st shot is press worthy showing off the car.

RB182cup&golf gti
Splitter does definitely make a difference - looks great. Try not using the turbo - the mpg rockets up. Actually don't, it's seriously boring! I do a ten mile round trip commute at the minute and been driving sensibly and the range is heading for 415 miles which is brilliant given that it's on 30 roads in traffic. Done 250 sensible miles and got just under 170 range. Was out on my road bike tonight and one flew past and sounded mint, really low growl and wasn't modded from what I could see.

RB182cup&golf gti
Oh, forgot to mention - the noise the turbo makes is hilarious.

On every up shift and lift off, you get some chatter. Sounds mint.

My Golf GTIs didn't do this.

Mine whooshes on every change, sounds so good. Think mountune slightly amplifies it with the airbox.

Do you miss the presence of the golf? I was going to get a mk7 gti before I got this and opted for this because of the reviews etc. as much as I love this I keep seeing mk6/7 GTIs and still want lol!

Mine whooshes on every change, sounds so good. Think mountune slightly amplifies it with the airbox.

Do you miss the presence of the golf? I was going to get a mk7 gti before I got this and opted for this because of the reviews etc. as much as I love this I keep seeing mk6/7 GTIs and still want lol!

Not at all. To be honest, a golf is a golf and has little or no road presence.

This little thing, for some reason, is the opposite. Gets looks all the time, and people coming upto it in car parks/petrol stations to ask questions. It's crazy really.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Really like it! It's hurting me waiting another month for mine, not sure if I should have ordered this blue instead of red lol.

Much better.

Just use some self tappers yeah? lol

Yeah, used two of the bolts supplied, the rest were useless as you cant get access to the inside to hold the nut.

So... I just used screws, about 15 of them and screwed it on, like a Clio splitter.

Looks better without etc. ;)

Glad you're enjoying it. Get some miles on it...at 10k my engine had changed character completely.

It's done about 1,700 at the moment and it feels great already!

It's only ever had Vpower in it too - without exception. Should be doing it some good I would have thought.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I was going to put V-power in, but considering it isn't really mine, it gets what ever sh*te is closet.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
If it's anything like my car the difference between 95 and 99 is negligible.
1 maybe 2 at a push