ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fiesta st 180

Clio 172 phase 1
Hello,
so after along time of selling my clio ive got my self a rather nice fiesta st 180 to drive everyday, however its in need of new brakes all round as the standard are shocking after only 12k! goes any one have any recommendations? Is G still doing brakes ? at the moment the big £1000 upgrade isnt affordable but after something tidy :) appreciate this is clio sport not fiesta but the clio forum is in the know and the fiesta one well..... another story....

regards ryan

apologies for rushed post im in work

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
See this is strange, mark cup had a lots of miles and track days under his belt and his brakes were fine still.

Mine went in for its first service last week on 12.5k miles, 20% worn on the rear and 10% worn on the front. I know the tech so we were chatting and he said some of the St fiestas he's worked on have needed new pads at 5k!!

Now I drive like a bellend everywhere, plenty of high speed braking etc so it can't be that I'm light on them. I'm think there must've been a change of pad compound or perhaps mistakes are being made during assembly.

I also wouldn't bother updated my pads as I still haven't managed to get fade, every other car I've driven I've managed fade, updated pads or not.

@MarkCup

Clio 172 phase 1
Mine are not very good at all sadly, well there not that bad but still for 12,480 miles id expect them to be alot better mines a 13plate so i don't know if ford might of had an early batch of pads that are a bit pants?
I drive mine rather gently in the week as i commute 30miles to work to save fuel :) however once a week i will go for a blast on a 5 mile each way quiet road and ive managed to get them to fade off a bit. but I just dont want to pay out for shite like apec on the car and im very weary of buying o.e as im not happy with them as is.

its really annoying no one seems to do anything thats well priced was hoping G might be a savior with some brembo stuff or equiv :)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, mine are fine. It's still on the pads and discs it left the factory with 34,000 miles ago, I've had zero fade on track and there's a good 2mm left on all pads all round.

As @Scrooge says, if they're working OK the standard ones are fine. So much so that even with a few options out there pad and disc wise, I'm going to pay more and fit Ford OEM parts when I come to replace them on a few k more miles.

Clio 172 phase 1
Ahhh see now this is interesting, i think im going to speak to ford on monday and see what they say, my discs are all scored and just not like youd expect and that no one else has had fade is interesting.
i did have a bit of an accident with the handbrake not holding properly and it rolled into the car infront once ( no damage thank god and my fault for not putting it in gear on a hill and partially the discs were hot and probs cooled down )

has any one used them mintex m1144 before some say there good on fast road etc some say there dire awful. had ebc blue stuff on my clio and loved them but they just dont do anything for the fiesta. :(