ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiberglass Bonnet for Ph1

Anyone know the best place to get one from for a Ph1

I have contacted Xsport but they say the Ph1 and Ph2 bonnet are the same and I know they are not, so reticent to buy from them.

Cheers,

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Is a fibreglass bonet really going to be lighter than the alloy one?
As the Alloy one is lighter than any carbon fibre equivalents, so surely for a decent strength fibreglass bonnet that won't easily crack etc it would weigh more than a carbon fibre one?

An alloy bonnet lighter than a carbon fibre bonnet? I don't think that is correct mate.

Is a fibreglass bonet really going to be lighter than the alloy one?
As the Alloy one is lighter than any carbon fibre equivalents, so surely for a decent strength fibreglass bonnet that won't easily crack etc it would weigh more than a carbon fibre one?

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
I've got a spare alloy one since writing my ph1 off make me an offer if your interested, no dents/ creases but a couple of stone chips if you want pics pm me

My fibre glass one still has all the same inner supports as the std one. I guess you could lighten it a bit.

Have you ever weighed a really stripped down std boot or door Mark?

I expect there won't be much in it compared to fibre glass.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
My fibre glass one still has all the same inner supports as the std one. I guess you could lighten it a bit.

Have you ever weighed a really stripped down std boot or door Mark?

I expect there won't be much in it compared to fibre glass.
Yeah but I doubt the f/g bonnet would be quite as strong if you did trim it down though tbh.

No mate but I'm hoping to hoping to do that soon as I've got a f/g bootlid (that I've lightened even more!! Got 1 kg out of that! ;)) and I'll also be swapping over to f/g doors hopefully. My original doors and boot are quite heavily chopped currently, but I think there's a saving of around 60kgs with the f/g boot and doors. That'll see me well into the 800's.