ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FFS another dogbone mount prob

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
My car needs a new dogbone mount.

It is a 2002 model 1.4 16v K4J model

I have been looking for a replacement one and was thinking of going for a powerflex.

I have read that the dogbone on mine and 1*2s are supposed to be either the twisted one or the straight one like the valver (for older 172)

But mine is completely different. From pictures it looks like the ones that 1.2 clios have, some DCi clios and Kangoo vans.

Offs freakin renault and their parts.

It looks like the one on this ebay ad http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item231e85c57c

How can i tell if my car has the correct mount already or it has been changed in the past from previous owner to a different one?

My car needs a new dogbone mount.

It is a 2002 model 1.4 16v K4J model

I have been looking for a replacement one and was thinking of going for a powerflex.

I have read that the dogbone on mine and 1*2s are supposed to be either the twisted one or the straight one like the valver (for older 172)

But mine is completely different. From pictures it looks like the ones that 1.2 clios have, some DCi clios and Kangoo vans.

Offs freakin renault and their parts.

It looks like the one on this ebay ad http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item231e85c57c

How can i tell if my car has the correct mount already or it has been changed in the past from previous owner to a different one?

Thats the twisted one...

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
No its not , twisted dog bone mount looks totally different

PM me your cars reg plate and i'll look it up on the system

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
No its not , twisted dog bone mount looks totally different

PM me your cars reg plate and i'll look it up on the system

Can't give you the reg plate as my car has Greek plates.

Can you look it up with the VIN?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
There is no powerflex bush available for the dogbone mount in the picture. However a ph2 172 dogbone mount should fit, and you can polybush this

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
There is no powerflex bush available for the dogbone mount in the picture. However a ph2 172 dogbone mount should fit, and you can polybush this

Thanks Dan

I know there isn't a powerflex kit ofr it.

My problem is that should it have this mount in the first place? The car is second hand and have no sh with it. I am wondering if it has been replaced and they used a 1.2 or kangoo mount instead.

The next problem is finding a twisted dogbone so i can swap them and polybush that one.

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
anyone have picts of the above part?

I can see on ebay loads of clio twisted dogbones but all have a square-ish rubber but powerflex sell the replacement part which is round?