ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few scenic ones

Mk2 ph1 clio
Been out and about in morpeth today trying out my 300D. I've never tried shots like this today so was not sure what to expect! Any Advice is welcome!! I really could use some.

Pathway.jpg

Steps.jpg

Riverside.jpg

MossyRocks.jpg

Rally bus
I like the last one, first two would be better without the ugly concrete plant holders in the foreground, river one better if you'd walked 50 metres down the path to avoid the pay and display machine/lifebuoy on the right. Looks like it could be a good place for some summer shots.

Mk2 ph1 clio
I like the last one, first two would be better without the ugly concrete plant holders in the foreground, river one better if you'd walked 50 metres down the path to avoid the pay and display machine/lifebuoy on the right. Looks like it could be a good place for some summer shots.

Even worse round the corner atm, Builders are all over the place with mini diggers, otherwise i would have had some decent ones of the castle up there :(

Mk2 ph1 clio
Cheers guys!

I mush prefer the night ones myself, Prefer taking them too!

I've been offered a new lens.. canon 30 - 80mm for £30... might give that ago and see what i can come up with.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Best night time light trail shots I've seen, I think. Is that a plane coming in to land too?

Mk2 ph1 clio
Yeah it will be, it's heading for the airport.

I was busy taking a photo when i seen it.. and though ah crap... wish id got that from the start but now i look at it im glad it started where it did!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Haha yeah it worked out well. I really do like the photos, the colours and sharpness of the lines are excellent. Did you use a custom white balance?

Mk2 ph1 clio
Tbh, it was on auto .. Doh.

Changed it with photoshop when i converted it from RAW to jpeg.

None of my photos are heavily shopped though, can't be arsed with that malarky.. especialy HDR!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Lol, that was my next question. I work on the principle that if you know what you want and how to get it, you won't need to Photoshop it! Does help that I don't have Photoshop though. :p

Anyway, whatever settings you used (I can see most of them with this plug-in I have for Firefox, but not all!) I prefer these photos to most I have seen, they're usually far too contrasty for me.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Yeah, I prefer straight out the camera shots.

I used PSP for its "clarify" feature for ease and efficiency but wasn't pleased with the results.

the most i've done to a photo is change the brightness/contrast and white balance.