ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few Quick Questions

Civic Type R
Washed the BG 182 today and noticed quite a few swirls and scratches. A couple of the scratches look whiteish , but they dont 'feel' deep, there are also a few lighter ones, which when rubbed seemed to look better.

Whats the best way to imporve the look of these, wouldnt mind paying a detailer ( but dont know if its really the right time of the year for it?). Are there any good detailers in the stoke on trent area, dont mind paying good money for a good job.

Any advice appreciated, I normally use SRP and EGP but am a bit of a noob tbh.

Cheers

Wayne!!

172 RS Ph1
Hey Wayne, sounds like some random deep scratches which might be removed/majorly improved by machine polishing. You could go for it yourself at the same price that a detailer will charge you. Really depends if you want to maintain the car yourself in the future and like cleaning it, or just want to have this removed.

As for the weather, it's not the best temperature and air humidity to work a polish right now, not untill march or so. (unless you can work inside a garage).

As above really, Wayne.

If you want to learn, you can pick up a machine polisher and do it yourself, but you're talking hundreds for the kit and products. But then again, this will be the same from a detailer.

May I suggest that first we re-evaluate your wash/drying methods, as these will be the cause of your swirls. What products/methods do you currently use?

Civic Type R
Cheers for the responses Guys!!

When I clean I usually start with a quick snow foam, leave it for five minutes then jet wash off, then wash with Megs Gold using the two bucket method and a wool wash mit. I then dry with a microfibre (or two). I have polished it with SRP and then EGP, but dont think I am doing this part right as the SRP doesnt seem to hide any imperfections, I just apply it to the whole car and then polish it off. I do like cleaning , and found it really easy to get amazing results with the the titanium, but this BG paint is just completely different, I cant seem to get it anywhere as nice as the titanium. Dont get me wrong the paint is in pretty good condition, alot better than my titanium was at first. Just am not seeing the improvements that I have seen with previous cars ( even though I am putting in more effort lol).

I am pretty anal about paint, and want it looking a nice as possible!!

Your help advice is appreciated!!!

Wayne