ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few problems help very much appreciated!!

Right here goes I have a 172 ph1

List of issues.

Throttle was sticking open touch wood fixed!!

Now I have like a crunching sound by the oil filler cap on idle to me sounds like metal but my mechanic friend says sound like a belt rubbing.

I just overfilled it with oil by far to much and drive it up the road with smoke absolutely everywhere stupid mistake I know will I be ok to just drain the oil??

Also its quite clonky!! And when turning left it seems as thou it goes all light and shoots across only when turning left more apparent at speed on the motorway (quite dangerous) best way to describe it would be like in very strong cross wind.

What should I do fix her if poss or break cheers will

mondeo titanium tdci
Depends how much you value the car it don't sound in best of health to be fair maybe breaking is the cheapest option otherwise you could have a massive bill trying to sort everything

Clio 172 Cup
You sure the dodgy noise near the filler cap isn't the dephaser pulley? They sound pretty bad when going!
Drain the excess oil should be fine mate.
The steering/handling issue sounds like a ball joint has gone to me? Your mechanic friend should be able to track that down for you.............

are dephaser pullys expensive/easy to do as it had cambelt and waterpump 3k ago also the steering best way i can describe it its as if the steering goes light as a feather then comes back normal il have the wheel off tomoz and have a look cheers for the reply

Clio 172 Cup
are dephaser pullys expensive/easy to do as it had cambelt and waterpump 3k ago also the steering best way i can describe it its as if the steering goes light as a feather then comes back normal il have the wheel off tomoz and have a look cheers for the reply
Dephaser pulleys are quite pricey and need the belt changing when they are done so hopefully it isn't that mate. Have a search on YouTube as there are loads of vids of noisy dephasers so you can have a listen and see if similar to your problem mate.

Similar kind of sound although nowhere near as bad and since I filled her up with oil the sound has pretty much gone not sure why my oil light never came on