ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few pics of my JCW'd Cooper S

Gave it a bit of a clean, so heres some quick pics. :)

P9122946.jpg

P9132957.jpg

P9132960.jpg

P9132960.jpg

P9132975.jpg

P9132977.jpg

P9132979.jpg

P9132985.jpg

P9132991.jpg

Golf R
nice, love the grey and black combo - was the only other colour i'd have had myself.

i'd be losing them wheels tbh... even if you just put a set of Bullets on it they'd be a big improvement... there is a never ending supply of wheels for Mini's! Best on 17's too i've found!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Waaiiit a minute, why aren't there any trains going by in the background? :p Two great looking cars pal, I'd have either in a heartbeat given the chance. :)

lol, thought i'd drive a bit further and take pics somewhere a bit different, theres not many places here to take pictures!

Love the stance of the S. Get that exhaust changed asap! Will release a few more ponies and make it sound even better.

Tangoed Works
Aah barking halfords. NightMare speed bumps there. Car looks the absolute buzz matey. Good taste

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
I love the pic of the mini and the R8, just change the plate, looks so gash!

R8 BLUD?

....Shocking tbh, and i thought R8's are meant to be respectable ;)

Mini Cooper S
Looks good on the BBS rims! Are you keeping the private plate? Surely could sell for a fair bit on a BMW forum? LOW BM?

Is a JCW more fun than a new clio sport. Im not talking about build quality or anything like that i mean pure road fun. I am also not talking about stats. They are expensive for what they are but i really love them and havnt had the chance to drive one yet, just wanna know what they are like.

I like that because it's standard looking. I don't like the race team one that is near me, massive spoiler, four spoke alloys that just look off and weird and massive stickers everywhere.

That is plain and simple, but effective.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Is a JCW more fun than a new clio sport. Im not talking about build quality or anything like that i mean pure road fun. I am also not talking about stats. They are expensive for what they are but i really love them and havnt had the chance to drive one yet, just wanna know what they are like.
Have a drive, quite different. Very responsive, and the engine's incredible. Power everywhere. 200 would ultimately be better on track (I imagine) but the Mini would be the better road car (IMO).
But, I've yet to drive a 200, so basing that on experience of the 197 and what the reviews say.

I think i will go and drive one :) I wanna get rid of the 200 after 2 years and sell with a years warranty so really thinking of what next. My auntie works for vw so would be silly not to make the most of that, i just love the idea of a JCW :)

The plates not mine unfortunately, its going back to the previous owner!

Louism, they are great little cars, i've owned two 172's and a liquid yellow 182 with cup packs in the past, they were great but overall i prefer this, feels like a right little go kart to drive! :)

The plates not mine unfortunately, its going back to the previous owner!

Louism, they are great little cars, i've owned two 172's and a liquid yellow 182 with cup packs in the past, they were great but overall i prefer this, feels like a right little go kart to drive! :)

Just louis is fine :) ive driven the cooper s found it very fun, was mayb gnna get one but went for the 200 instead.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just louis is fine :) ive driven the cooper s found it very fun, was mayb gnna get one but went for the 200 instead.
The mk1 BMW mini is the better drive. The newer Cooper S has the better engine, but the mk1 is the better drive in pretty much every other respect.

didnt they have steerying issues with pre 2005, i seem to remember a number of them going into ditches

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
didnt they have steerying issues with pre 2005, i seem to remember a number of them going into ditches
Not that I recall? The mk1's have better steering/ride/chassis than the mk2. And look a lot better.

They do have issues with power steering pumps i think, mine was changed about 6 months ago, it is a bit of a common problem with these.

Z4
what are they like on petrol? As I´ve hearrd horror stories!
And I know they´re tunable, but what sort of monies are we talking to get more power out of them?

I´ve currently gone from a 172 cup to a tt225 and am missing the ´fun factor´, this has it yeah?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
what are they like on petrol? As I´ve hearrd horror stories!
And I know they´re tunable, but what sort of monies are we talking to get more power out of them?

I´ve currently gone from a 172 cup to a tt225 and am missing the ´fun factor´, this has it yeah?
Better than an R27/197 on fuel.

I do town driving mainly, and i do have a heavy foot, i'm averaging 21mpg at the moment, i do 11mpg in the R8, so dont mind this all!

Last edited:
  Mini Cooper S
I'd love one in a year or two but the supercharged ones are meant to be terrible on fuel. Only reason to point me to the turbo? They're meant to be very good on fuel!

Mines averaging 21mpg as i said around town, which isnt too bad i guess, on motorway sessions you'll easily get 30mpg imo. :)