ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few of my 172 Cup from Blyton Park 20/10/12

172 Cup
My second day at Blyton - lovely little track that is great to get to grips with the car. Took one of my mates along whos an ARDS instructor as well and by the end of the day was noticeably quicker around the course. I also let the wife have a couple of sessions as well which was good (as she didn't crash or break anything!) LOL

Car is totally standard bar RC5+ front pads, HC front discs and de-cat.

IMG_4892_zpsbc71814e.gif

IMG_4886_zps10015bb5.gif

IMG_4841_zpsc40adb1f.gif

IMG_4811_zps7785ecc3.gif
IMG_4703_zpsb8ef8f64.gif

IMG_4604_zps9e96d0db.gif

...and I managed some tripoding :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Top little training in Blyton and good value too.

Car looks very clean too chapter, top marks :)

172 Cup
Top little training in Blyton and good value too.
Car looks very clean too chapter, top marks :)

Yeh - went after dinner so got the afternoon session for £65 with the wife and a passenger for free!

Always try and keep the car clean - gets washed before it goes back in the garage; bit sad I know. I'd removed the foglights and added some ducting through to the arch liners, but still felt the brakes were getting hot. I've just had some ducts knocked up to scoop abit more air into the holes and need to add some deflectors on the inside arch liner.

Do the deflectors make such a difference?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Not sure on deflectors mate, but decent 5.1 fluid may help, I found Blyton very hard on brakes so I need better fluid and pads for next time :)

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Refresh the fluid and if the ducts you have are more like the cup race ones they'll help a lot.

Just taking the foglamps out to direct air doesnt do much imo, the surround and bumper are designed to flow air around the sides not through where the foglamps were so need help with ducts.

Car looks so nice and standard :)

172 Cup
Hi Keith,

just knocked up some ducts to get a bit more air into the holes :) I'd swopped the fluid to race blue so never got any fade, was just very aware that the brakes were getting hot. Once my duct/scoops things are on I expect it to be a lot better. I'll get some pics up this weekend when I've fitted them