ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

few clios this weekend at usc anyoine on here?

RS Clio 182
I was down there 2..didn't take the 182 though, wouldn't have fit all the camping gear in aswell as my 2 little uns and my nephew..there was a tidy 172 cup in mondial with white turinis parked by the live arena..the 05 inferno 182 with gloss black wheels looked pretty clean,and the mondial cup with bright orange wheels and badges was a bit different.

clio 172 cup
yeh spotted all them fella all looked pretty smart tbf i was in my cup with anthracite wheels with yellow diamonds dano if u spotted me?

RS Clio 182
Was a few nice 197/200s.the grey meggy 225 trophy that went on looked nice aswell..not as many clios on strip as previous years iv been..loads of civics though..

cliooo
think i saw both the gt's near the stunt tent was in standard 1.2 with black wheels? was a very good weekend !

clio 172 cup
Was a few nice 197/200s.the grey meggy 225 trophy that went on looked nice aswell..not as many clios on strip as previous years iv been..loads of civics though..

only saw me and three other clios go down strip tbh and yeh civics all day and none of them are particulary quick unless they bin turboed or supercharged

cliooo
what sort of times were clios setting ? the viezu ?(tuning company) had an almost prestine v6 would of liked to see what times that was setting!!

2002 Clio 172 Cup
Who's was the blue 197/200 that was running 14.2s :eek:

Saw the blue cup with orange wheels... me like.

Anyone see our Blue rear engined V6 turbocharged mini clubman on track? 12.4 people :D The silver Corsa C with hazard painted wheels was also ours unfortunately he could only manage an 11.7 :( Track was rubbish.

All in all a great weekend despite the weather!

cliooo
Who's was the blue 197/200 that was running 14.2s :eek:

Saw the blue cup with orange wheels... me like.

Anyone see our Blue rear engined V6 turbocharged mini clubman on track? 12.4 people :D The silver Corsa C with hazard painted wheels was also ours unfortunately he could only manage an 11.7 :( Track was rubbish.

All in all a great weekend despite the weather!

did see your corsa going down interested to know how you get into that sort of stuff ? how regularly do you take it down a strip etc not exactly something you can perfect on the streets! i was dissapointed with the variation of cars tbh theres only a certain amount of scoobys and evos hondas etc you want to see all being said each was different and dont know if anyone saw the scooby beat the lambo down the track? brilliant weekend my 1st time down and definitely not my last!!

2002 Clio 172 Cup
did see your corsa going down interested to know how you get into that sort of stuff ? how regularly do you take it down a strip etc not exactly something you can perfect on the streets! i was dissapointed with the variation of cars tbh theres only a certain amount of scoobys and evos hondas etc you want to see all being said each was different and dont know if anyone saw the scooby beat the lambo down the track? brilliant weekend my 1st time down and definitely not my last!!

It's not personally mine. We are a group of mates that go to as many race weekends as we can at york raceway, Shakespeare and pod.

He normally gets a 1.8 second 60ft but could only manage 1.95 seconds so was hoping for a 11.5 second run. He's running around 400bhp + nitrous and slick tyres. Rob in the mini is on semi slicks with no nitrous and probably running just under 300bhp.. however he managed to pull off a 1.69 60ft on a crap track :S

We are off to Shakespeare in October hoping to get better :D

Renault Clio 1.2
I was there with to other non-sports parked in club camping opposite the toilets (2 mondial blue and one black), saw alot of clio's there but one that i remember most is the blue one with orange wheels :D

ITB BG 182
I was there but doubt anyone seen mine as I didnt bother with it much, too bsuy drinking though.

Got some nice ish photos of some clios on track an a 200 near a celica that was modded to hell.

I was there in mine too. Was parked up not too far from the big red and white tent in the club parking area. Slammed Silver 1.2 with black wheels and carbon wrapped bonnet :) anybody see me? Saw a lot of sports, the one with orange bits and also another with pink bits all over! Was pretty cool.

200 FF Storm Grey
I was there in my Storm Grey, not showing but dumped it in the middle of the tarmac any way :rasp:

2002 Clio 172 Cup
wot spec ur cup mate i only managed one dry run and i got a 14.7 but did spin abit to much at start

Never ran my cup. I was answering the question about the tuning companies red V6.

Quickest 172/182s I was seeing were ranging from 15.2s - 15.7s.

14.7 is a time I would like to get mine to. What modifications and tyres were you using on the day?

RS Clio 182
The lowish to mid 15s seemed to be pretty standard amongst the clios..I missed the v6 run i would have liked to have seen that..saw the Lamborghini get spanked by the Scooby though.lol and the rediculous green mg bodied cosworth powered kit car too..

i got a video of the clio just uploaded so the quality will be shocking until youtube processes it, i was expecting the vee to be quicker, the bloke in the lambo was abit of a tool, he was in the camping pitch next to us spinning its wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:
  RS Clio 182
cant beat the noise from a vee,sounds mint..id have loved to have seen the guys face as the scooby pulled away,sounds like he deserved a good d%&*king..lol.
Some of the highly modded corsa bs and the novas made a few things look slow didnt they..

clio 172 cup
Never ran my cup. I was answering the question about the tuning companies red V6.

Quickest 172/182s I was seeing were ranging from 15.2s - 15.7s.

14.7 is a time I would like to get mine to. What modifications and tyres were you using on the day?

mods are just itg panel filter decat supersprint exhaust system(extremely loud) lol and bit of the rear stripped out running just yoko s drives

clio 172 cup
cant beat the noise from a vee,sounds mint..id have loved to have seen the guys face as the scooby pulled away,sounds like he deserved a good d%&*king..lol.
Some of the highly modded corsa bs and the novas made a few things look slow didnt they..
novas were epic tbh mate they were dropping everything seems redtop turboed novas will leave prety much anything they were getting low 12's and 13's at worst lol

clio 172 cup
They are quick like, a lad in our club had a punto gt which was running 360 bhp and getting around 11 seconds until his petrol injection solenoid packed in on his nitros system.

awesome ive always had a soft spot for the punto gt and fiat coupe gt but just so unreliable

Audi A4
Loads of ppl were dropping tyre pressures and stripping their cars... I ran it as I drove it there, got a 15.2 beating a Leon Cupra R in my cup. Next USC I'm thinking R888's and stripped... Oh and not being hung over to hell!!

First time drag racing and its harder then ppl think, and really hard to get off the line without spinning up, a lot less grip then I thought there'd be! That and missing second... LoL

i got a video of the clio just uploaded so the quality will be shocking until youtube processes it, i was expecting the vee to be quicker, the bloke in the lambo was abit of a tool, he was in the camping pitch next to us spinning its wheels.

You said he was next to you? He was opposite us. I'm surprised we didn't spot each other tbh if we were that close?

Last edited by a moderator:
  200 FF Storm Grey
Saw your 15.2 mate, same time as me in my 182 from a couple of years ago.

The V6 had a power graph on show and it read 220bhp?!?!?!

I don't know how you didn't see us we had our clios facing onto the road, did I see you going into KFC in Wellingborough on Sunday afternoon

My car was parked at the main entrance into the club camping area, behind my mates Astra vxr. Literally you would've had to walk past it to go towards the main events at the pod / drive past it to enter / exit the club area. Nah wasn't me at KFC buddy :)

My car was parked at the main entrance into the club camping area, behind my mates Astra vxr. Literally you would've had to walk past it to go towards the main events at the pod / drive past it to enter / exit the club area. Nah wasn't me at KFC buddy :)

Im suprised i didnt see you then, mind you I spent most of the time drunk lol ah right there was one that pulled into the carpark that looked like just like your avatar.