ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ferodo premier OE pads

Just ordered a front set of these from Amazon for £20. My car came with them on when I purchased it back in Feb and they were great for road use, I replaced them for Oulton last month with Brembo OE which where pretty average on road and awful on track, they only lasted 100 miles (30 road & 70 track) before they where metal on metal and fade was evident even after 1 lap.

I've got Aintree on Saturday so I'm gonna do a comparison Ferodo OE vs Brembo OE for track use. I tried to purchase some CL5+ from KTEC but they where out of stock, then tried direct from CL who wanted £139 which I wasn't willing to pay as I've just had to fork out £124 for a rear ABS sensor (which didn't solve my issue:cry:) so funds where a little tight.

The Ferodo with road use where great and I couldn't get them to fade with spirited driving, obviously it will be different on track with R888's on but worth a go, I have a spare set of new Mintex OE if these burn up.

Comparison to follow...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Like you style. But as you know cheap pads 'could' ruin a day. My mintex 1144 are great on road but wouldn't take the chance on a trackday. Unless I bought some replacements and took them along, but then kind of defeats the object lol

Like you style. But as you know cheap pads 'could' ruin a day. My mintex 1144 are great on road but wouldn't take the chance on a trackday. Unless I bought some replacements and took them along, but then kind of defeats the object lol

I know mate, was like that at Oulton last month as I only lasted half a day with the Brembo's which ruined my day a little. The plan was to get my 4 pots working but that didn't happen either as they were seized. In hindsight I wish I didn't both with the ABS sensor now and just purchased the CL5+ but I wanted my braking back to normal. I maybe pleasantly surprised by these but I doubt it, but no choice in the end as I refuse to live beyond my means to fund a hobby.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I'd have ordered 2 or 3 sets possibly.

As Dan said, you could go through them quite quick on track and then you have a 2nd set you can just throw in and you're back out again.

3rd set to get you home or as a spare for another day.

I'd have ordered 2 or 3 sets possibly.

As Dan said, you could go through them quite quick on track and then you have a 2nd set you can just throw in and you're back out again.

3rd set to get you home or as a spare for another day.

I've got a spare set of Mintex OE mate and its only 6 x 20 minute sessions, plus I'm letting my pal do a few sessions and he's a total novice so he wont be to hard on the brakes like me so should be ok. There's an ECP around the corner as well if all fails...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I had cheap pagid pads on a day and to be fair they were great, but I was in a rush and they were handy. Best pad I've used is the 1155.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I've just had some pagids delivered from ECP (£21), unlike the equivalent brembo road pads they are slotted and have a chamfered edge.
Plus the Pagid discs are painted unlike the Brembo HCs.

Not sure if it makes any difference but they do seem good quality.

I've just had some pagids delivered from ECP (£21), unlike the equivalent brembo road pads they are slotted and have a chamfered edge.
Plus the Pagid discs are painted unlike the Brembo HCs.

Not sure if it makes any difference but they do seem good quality.
Think this is to reduce squeal mate, could be wrong though?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Pagid discs and the pads cost me less than £50 iirc at the time. Lasted two trackdays and road use. I'm no hero on track though

Ok so just thought I'd give my view on these for the money....brilliant! Yeah I burnt through the set in a day but for £20 who gives a sh!t. They didn't fade all day with some serious abuse. I wouldn't use anything else for the road TBH as it just seems a total waste of money buying pads at 6-7 times the price for fast road use, and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again if on a budget for a track day. I'm even going to give them a go at Oulton next time out as a bench test against some decent track pads to conclude my little experiment.

Ok so just thought I'd give my view on these for the money....brilliant! Yeah I burnt through the set in a day but for £20 who gives a sh!t. They didn't fade all day with some serious abuse. I wouldn't use anything else for the road TBH as it just seems a total waste of money buying pads at 6-7 times the price for fast road use, and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again if on a budget for a track day. I'm even going to give them a go at Oulton next time out as a bench test against some decent track pads to conclude my little experiment.
The original factory fitted Renault brake pads had Ferodo stamped into them on my 182. They lasted 36000 road miles no problems or screeching.

I had them coupled with MTEC dimpled/grooved discs which get slated and it was great. Don't get me wrong they don't have the clamp of race pads but they bite well and didn't fade for me being aggressive. Remember i had no ABS and 50/50 bias though, but they felt much better than OE Brembos, HC discs and ABS working at Oulton. I've just ordered another set myself.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Was just looking at those mtec discs. Cheap as chips.
I think i will go for the brembo hc up front with said ferodo pads and braided lines.
Do they do a rear pad too?

'10 Clio200
Ferodo premier are great value for money. I've had 3 sets already in the 206gti with 307 big brakes and they're impossible to fade on the road, but do fade with Federal semislick on tracks with hard decelerations and short cooling straights.