ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ferodo DS2500 Front Pads - Fitting advice

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Hi guys,

just ordered some Ferodo DS2500 pads for the front, Brembo HC disks and DS Performance pads for the back.

What exactly do i need to do to fit the DS2500's I've read around that I need to file down the back plate of the pad and the edges to fit ?

Could someone explain what exactly I need to do ? Is a decent motorsport garage likely to know what to do ? Obviously I would rather fit them myself though.

Thanks

Lionel Richie
yup just remove the shims from the pad carriers and dress the edges of the back plate (2 nobbles either end) down slightly so the pad can move vertically by about 1mm vertically in the carrier

"Navy" N17 TWO
Most garages will turn around and tell you "they must be the wrong ones" if you have to file a little bit off to get them to fit.

A few mechanic friends told me that when I was looking into getting mine fitted, then when I got them in along with new discs we couldn't get
the caliper back together as the pads were too thick lol so had to sand a fraction off the pad surface too - fun times! :)

Good pads though, I've had mine in well over a year now and still loads left!

I got my ds2500 fitted off Hutchie off here, he left the shims in and grinded down the edges of the brake pads, fitted perfectly with no noise or squeaking at all :approve: good to use lots of copper grease to on the back of the pads and in the brake caliper

Lionel Richie
I got my ds2500 fitted off Hutchie off here, he left the shims in and grinded down the edges of the brake pads, fitted perfectly with no noise or squeaking at all :approve: good to use lots of copper grease to on the back of the pads and in the brake caliper

and you DO NOT put copper grease anywhere near race pads

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Righto, so file off the nobbly ends either side of the pads a bit and no shims ! Will have a go !

Cheers !

"Navy" N17 TWO
^that ain't right, filing braking material off the pads is NOT required!

Was that at my post? lol

The new discs were Brembo HC's at the same time - was physically impossible to get the caliper closed up again when we fitted the set :S

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Woops i never ment to say brake pads, and the copper grease was put on the metal on the back plate of the pads
still not good. under heat the grease will thin up and may end up in the friction material area, aided maybe by water, motion, air and such factors. mine squeak but i'm ok with that

Lionel Richie
copper grease goes NO WHERE near any form of brake pad these days, no no no no no no AND NO! 100% dry assembly